Injection Problems

Marksman4519

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
eggs in any form but especially boiled, paying bills!!!
I was recently having problems with varying blood levels despite sticking to my regime. My wife thought I was injecting at the wrong angle into my waist fat area. I was putting it in at 90 degree. I tried a different angle of about 45 degrees and hey presto things are on more of a level keel and I'm staying within my blue line on a regular basis with only the odd above and below.

sl0042

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was recently having problems with varying blood levels despite sticking to my regime. My wife thought I was injecting at the wrong angle into my waist fat area. I was putting it in at 90 degree. I tried a different angle of about 45 degrees and hey presto things are on more of a level keel and I'm staying within my blue line on a regular basis with only the odd above and below.

sl0042

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have had similar problems recently so I will give a different angle a chance thanks

Reactions: Marie 2

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Marksman4519 . If you’ve found something that works then stick with it. It’s good to see positive results from trying a different approach.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Always be careful to rotate your sites, as if you overuse a spot you can build up a fat deposit there (lipohypertrophy? I've probably misspelled it) and then the insulin doesn't get absorbed there properly).