pre-diabetes, fasting blood sugars.

• Thread starter catherinecherub
  • Start Date

ChrissyW

Well done Pasha,
Not sure what happened with me this morning. 94 before breakfast, 122 after. As you know, I am trying different breakfasts to see what suits. I thought this mornings would be good. Yoghurt, berries and a few nuts!

Reactions: Prem51 and Pasha

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Pasha, you have come down a lot, well done.

Oy , not so great really, I pigged out big time almost a week ago and its only now that the damage is being repaired. I sometimes wonder if I will ever learn to control my unabashed love for dairy products

Saur

I been away on holidays for three weeks to Bangkok and at times indulged in burgers etc. I also love sweet things.
My morning readings have been between 6 to 7 mm01. I have really tried the LCHF diet. For the last three weeks no changes as I do like bread. Last few days my reading has dropped to the 5.5 mark after lunch.

Reactions: Prem51

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Your back on track now Pasha

Yes,...............................................................................................................................................................................until next time..

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Really struggling with lowering carbs. I am trying to have zero carbs in the day and will be having carbs in the evening.

IMHO its best to reduce carbs in a stepwise manner and not use drastic reductions. Best to let your body more gradually adjust to having a lower carb intake. Just my opinion, obviously.

Sapien

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes,...............................................................................................................................................................................until next time..

Do you ever find that your fasting blood sugar goes up without real reason that you can find? (e.g. no change in carbs, exercise, etc.)

I had been getting readings in the low to mid 80s mg/dL consistently for several weeks but this week I am back up to the low 90s. No dietary changes and same exercise but different result. And now a trend in the wrong direction...