Type 1'stars R Us

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mel you’ve certainly had an interesting weekend! Hope the head isn’t too badly damaged!

I’ve got to say my weekend has been fairly calm, daughters first league football match, and it was just glorious - the weather that is! It was the best I’ve seen her team play but they still lost 4-0, they just need to get in gear before half way through the first half :hilarious:

Also had to sort the second chicken run for a trio of new birds, they now have full use of the run now they’re out of quarantine. Clearing and Moving lots of wood chip, thought working quite hard in this heat I’d knock back the insulin - perhaps it wasn’t as physical as I thought (as if) so BGs have been at the high but reasonable range, no hypos I guess us good:rolleyes:

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Careful mate. Look at the trouble the spiders caused. We only need a dyslexic kamelaphobic and it could all kick off again

If it was earlier than 22:45, I might have googled "kamelaphobic", but it's now 22:47, so I can't be bovered..will do tomorrow, maybe

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm stockpiling Tunnocks Caramel Wafers, 15g a pop.

If society breaks down, there's no reason why we shouldn't still be sophisticated about hypo treatments...

Am going to have to find some room in the bunker for some Marzipan Ritter Sport too.

View attachment 35692
Used to love these and had them quite often - my boss sometimes brings them in and I have been known to indulge but very rarely. Not sure why though because I now find them too sweet and it takes me a couple of hours to eat - must be an impulse thing!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, bg good, puppy alarm went off at 6 this morning as she does every morning - how do you change the time on a puppy alarm?

@Mel dCP hope any after effects don't get in the way of your training today. Wanted to refer to your 'fall' but wasn't sure the humour would translate in writing ;)

Reactions: karen8967

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
no major damage. Just a purple face.

How fitting!:sorry:

BGs have behaved since last night, 7.6 before bed, 5.9 this morning.

puppy alarm went off at 6 this morning as she does every morning - how do you change the time on a puppy alarm?

ummmmm......you don't, and don't even think about when the clocks change......

Reactions: Marie 2

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ummmmm......you don't, and don't even think about when the clocks change......[/QUOTE]

Oh heck I'll be up at 5! Thanks for that cheering thought @slip

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Woke on 9.7 so I’m grumpy.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
SHRUGS SHOULDERS - HOW did that start???

Love that word :)

Good morning all. Wow that was some weekend foe everyone.....some good some not so good!
@Mel dCP you had to go get a purple bruise......hope it fades pretty quickly
@MeiChanski do you think you will be getting the CGM to go with whatever pump you are having? Have you been told so?

I think so because DSN said I’m not too far from death’s doorstep because of over night hypos. (I told her about the previous severe hypos) But at the same time, I’m not too sure. It’s like playing a guessing game.

Reactions: porl69

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon friends, 6.2 but the weird feeling type of 6.2. I don’t feel okay but I’ll have a small meal before heading out for another job interview, thai food anyone?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I think so because DSN said I’m not too far from death’s doorstep because of over night hypos. (I told her about the previous severe hypos) But at the same time, I’m not too sure. It’s like playing a guessing game.

Good luck on that Mei. I am trying to persuade my DSN/consultant that I would benefit from a CGM because I am totally hypo unaware. I made the mistake of telling them about the MM and alarms that you can set!!!!!!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck on that Mei. I am trying to persuade my DSN/consultant that I would benefit from a CGM because I am totally hypo unaware. I made the mistake of telling them about the MM and alarms that you can set!!!!!!

Thank you, Just thinking about your situation, did they not prescribe you one along with the pump? Or did they chuck a pump at you and not take your hypo unwareness into consideration? Or did they want you to manually suspend your pump when you have a hypo?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Thank you, Just thinking about your situation, did they not prescribe you one along with the pump? Or did they chuck a pump at you and not take your hypo unwareness into consideration? Or did they want you to manually suspend your pump when you have a hypo?
The main reason for me getting a pump was my hypo unawareness. I have now been told to run my bloods between 8 and 8.5 for a while to try and "reset" my hypo awareness BUt it isn't working at the me

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The main reason for me getting a pump was my hypo unawareness. I have now been told to run my bloods between 8 and 8.5 for a while to try and "reset" my hypo awareness BUt it isn't working at the me
I'm sorry to hear :( has the pump helped in any way? I know you have a MM and libre, would you have preferred a CGM?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I'm sorry to hear :( has the pump helped in any way? I know you have a MM and libre, would you have preferred a CGM?

CGM to go with my 640G yeah would have liked that. Would enable the pump to suspend basal delivery when starting to go Lo. Libre is cheaper for the NHS so am pretty happy with the Libre/MM combo