How do you get your Libre Sensors to Stay on? Any Tips?

MsBea

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Other
MsBea, I know you said you've tried the TegaDerm, but weren't happy with it. But did you try the TegaDerm with the pad in the middle? Much like the person who said they were using the kinesiology tape, but leaving the adhesive on the middle part, to keep the sensor from dislodging, they make TegaDerm with a small padded section in the center (https://www.amazon.co.uk/TEGADERM-PAD-Dressings-Transparent-Waterproof/dp/B079DKZ4LD/)

Thanks for sharing CearaRed! I have never tried this.I didn't even know the TegaDerm came with a pad option - good idea. For this run we applied skin tac, then the sensor, then covered it up with VetWrap. Will see how this goes! If this doesn't work I am so thankful we have other options to try! We really like the Libre!:) Thanks so much once again for sharing CR! And Thanks so much once again for sharing, everyone! Much appreciated.

littlemolly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I used to knock off my sensors regularly! I was self funding so it was very expensive. However since I discovered opsite tape (available on Amazon and most pharmacies) I have not knocked off one. In fact I find it quite difficult to get it off after 14 days! I sometimes have to renew the tape after about 7 days as the ends start lifting, but that isn't much of a problem. I totally rely on it.

Reactions: MsBea

MsBea

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Other
I used to knock off my sensors regularly! I was self funding so it was very expensive. However since I discovered opsite tape (available on Amazon and most pharmacies) I have not knocked off one. In fact I find it quite difficult to get it off after 14 days! I sometimes have to renew the tape after about 7 days as the ends start lifting, but that isn't much of a problem. I totally rely on it.

Fantastic - Thanks so much for sharing! That's encouraging to hear that it's worked so well for you. I will look it up on amazon and add it to our list of options! Thank you:)

CearaRed1073

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
onions, cheeseburgers, diabetes, colors of red, yellow, and orange, houston (too big and WAY too much traffic, not nearly enough public transportation)
Thanks for sharing CearaRed! I have never tried this.I didn't even know the TegaDerm came with a pad option - good idea. For this run we applied skin tac, then the sensor, then covered it up with VetWrap. Will see how this goes! If this doesn't work I am so thankful we have other options to try! We really like the Libre!:) Thanks so much once again for sharing CR! And Thanks so much once again for sharing, everyone! Much appreciated.

so how's it going? were you able to find this item for trying? i haven't tried the Libre a third time yet, but then again, it seems like my readings are staying out of the cellar right now...

MsBea

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Other
so how's it going? were you able to find this item for trying? i haven't tried the Libre a third time yet, but then again, it seems like my readings are staying out of the cellar right now...

Hi CR! We are doing great over here! I am so thankful to report that we are on day 13 and the Libre is still on! woo-hoo!:) It is liftingup just a teeny bit, but it is still working. I did find the TegaDerm+Pad on Amazon.com, and I bookmarked it for future consideration, as we had already started using the Skin Tac + Vet wrap. I figured if these didn't work, I would try something like this next. But thankfully, it looks like we have found our winning combination lol! Phew, one less thing to worry about.

I see you are T1 as well CR, How are you doing overall? What are you using to monitor now? Are you on MDI? And what does "Staying out of the cellar" mean :)? I am guessing that means your readings have been great? If yes then I'm happy to hear that!:)

We have really enjoyed the Libre and I am SO thankful it is an option for us. I belong to a FB group for T1 moms, and there are a lot of moms who love love love the Dexcom, but then again I hear so many of them reporting about sensors coming off and readings being off and needing to re-calibrate every so often. So. I am happy with what we have:)! We have been able to stay practically finger prick free for almost 2 weeks now since trying the Libre again with these adjustments. Love it!!

Reactions: CearaRed1073