24 Hr sleeping

NorfolkNic

Wow, I went to bed yesterday lunchtime at about midday and I have just got up and showered.
I can't remember anything about it, my OH said he woke me up for tablets and insulin but blimey scarry or what

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your body must have needed it. So long as you could be woken up and alert enough to take medication it’s not really an issue, you were just tired and needed a good sleep, which by the sounds of things you got. Keep an eye on sugar levels as they could be lower than normal due to eating less. Or higher if your body’s fighting a bit of an illness or infection which is why you needed the sleep.

Reactions: NorfolkNic

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Wow, I went to bed yesterday lunchtime at about midday and I have just got up and showered.
I can't remember anything about it, my OH said he woke me up for tablets and insulin but blimey scarry or what

What were your sugars like when you woke up? I used to sleep that long in my youth with my diabetes (could probably do it now as well lol)

NorfolkNic

Your body must have needed it. So long as you could be woken up and alert enough to take medication it’s not really an issue, you were just tired and needed a good sleep, which by the sounds of things you got. Keep an eye on sugar levels as they could be lower than normal due to eating less. Or higher if your body’s fighting a bit of an illness or infection which is why you needed the sleep.
I came back from holiday on Sunday and I have had a cold, sickness, the runs and totally worn out. My bs were sky high on holiday so hopefully it is my body telling me off and should settle down soon