1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

24 Hr sleeping

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by NorfolkNic, Sep 20, 2019.

1. NorfolkNic

NorfolkNic · Member

Wow, I went to bed yesterday lunchtime at about midday and I have just got up and showered.
    I can't remember anything about it, my OH said he woke me up for tablets and insulin but blimey scarry or what

2. Fndwheelie

Fndwheelie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Your body must have needed it. So long as you could be woken up and alert enough to take medication it’s not really an issue, you were just tired and needed a good sleep, which by the sounds of things you got. Keep an eye on sugar levels as they could be lower than normal due to eating less. Or higher if your body’s fighting a bit of an illness or infection which is why you needed the sleep.

• Like Like x 1
  3. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

What were your sugars like when you woke up? I used to sleep that long in my youth with my diabetes (could probably do it now as well lol)

4. NorfolkNic

NorfolkNic · Member

My blood sugars were 17 !!!

5. NorfolkNic

NorfolkNic · Member

I came back from holiday on Sunday and I have had a cold, sickness, the runs and totally worn out. My bs were sky high on holiday so hopefully it is my body telling me off and should settle down soon

6. Muneeb

Muneeb Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I tend to sleep a lot longer (and better) when my glucose levels go high. Makes you feel more lethargic etc, But cataches up with me once I wake up if so.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook