Your favourite cannula set and why

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I have been considered for the Medtronic minimed 670G and CGM and I was wondering which cannula set do you like and your reasons why. I have seen a table comparison between telfon/plastic cannula vs steel cannula but I haven't come to a decision yet until I've tried it.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Have to agree with Helen on this one @MeiChanski. What works for me may not work for you. They will try you with the Mio 1st I would have thought and see how you get alone with them. You will more than likely have a 7-10 day trial session with saline first, in that time you will do a few set changes and will be able to see what you are like with the pump and everything attached to you

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I'll third the "try them and see" approach. 6mm Mio, Mio Advance and Steel all work for me with Medtronic. The 30° ones don't. I get a red lump after two days and they become ineffective.

Ask to try a few and see.

iantib

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'll third the "try them and see" approach. 6mm Mio, Mio Advance and Steel all work for me with Medtronic. The 30° ones don't. I get a red lump after two days and they become ineffective.

Ask to try a few and see.
I have had terrible trouble since switching from accu-check to Medtronic 640g, the mio do not work for me, kink every time. my hba1c has gone from 40 to 68, I have been in ketoacidosis 3 times. I have only has it for a month :-(
I was told to try mio advance but these are not available in the uk. Its so bad I am thinking of going back to my old out of warranty Accu-Chek insight pump as never has 1 problem with that pump.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I have had terrible trouble since switching from accu-check to Medtronic 640g, the mio do not work for me, kink every time. my hba1c has gone from 40 to 68, I have been in ketoacidosis 3 times. I have only has it for a month :-(
I was told to try mio advance but these are not available in the uk. Its so bad I am thinking of going back to my old out of warranty Accu-Chek insight pump as never has 1 problem with that pump.

The Mio advance is the same as the Mio, just a different delivery method. I would be trying the sure Ts as they are steel and will not kink. Have a word with your DSN about them