wow 85% cocoa chocolate is weird

copilost

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
that's it really!:D
I saw a recipe somewhere for chocolate pots made with cream... must be worth a try

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wait til you move up to 100%! Hotel Chocolat do 100% buttons :hungry:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My favourite is to melt the choc add chilli powder and salt then toss almonds and /or pecans until well coated ,leave until hard if you have the willpower !!
Take care with the chilli I once added the Asian shops extra hot :arghh: !!
Carol

Walking Girl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I spinkle cacao nibs on yogurt and chia seed pudding - which is just the crushed bean for anyone who isn’t familiar.

PerfectStorm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wait til you move up to 100%! Hotel Chocolat do 100% buttons :hungry:

Over 5 years i’ve been eating high cocoa dark chocolate and I love 85% but can’t get past that. 90% is just too bitter for me and the Hotel Chocolat 100% was horrific.

I have a kind friend who buys me some for my birthday as she knows I need the high percentage and I don’t have the heart to tell her I don’t like it. I use it to make truffles though as with cream and a little liquid sweetener (plus a dash of booze!), it is nice

Reactions: Goonergal

michita

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I like 90% cocoa chocolate because I can stop with 2 pieces. With 85% I tend I overeat :-D

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes 85% is as high as I wish to go too! (Pre LCHF, dark choc was definite migraine trigger so I treat with caution still...)
I mainly buy Lindt 85% and this can certainly be weird as it may vary from perfect to rather bitter from batch to batch. I've occasionally resorted to double checking the wrapper to ensure I've not accidentally got the 90% by mistake.

But @copilost, if you want really weird IMO it has to be chocolate avocado pots - I enjoy both individually but have my doubts about them in combination , though they appear to be quite popular! (They're on my maybe if I'm feeling extra adventurous recipes list...:eek:)

Robbity

M

Member496333

I prefer to consider 85% chocolate as 15% sugar :shifty:

I don't eat it at all anymore, but I when I did, it was 100% cocoa solids or nothing. Personal choice though of course.