Freestyle Libre reader latest update

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My reader was purchased through Abbott and is registered with them. (I am a registered user)

I received an email from Abbott advising me to update my reader to the latest version, which is 2.4.8. They say this reader has

Even better first day accuracy – Sensor reading closer to blood glucose1

Even better overall accuracy for the entire wear period2

I was unable to download this latest version because my reader is incompatible. It is quite old and is version 2.1.2 0.94.

I contacted Abbott and they are sending me a new reader already updated, free of charge.

I just thought I would share this with you all in case you are in the same position.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The update became available quite some time a go so I think most people have already updated OR called and been issued with a new one that is compatible xx

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The update became available quite some time a go so I think most people have already updated OR called and been issued with a new one that is compatible xx

That is good to know. I knew nothing about it, and only had the email last week.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is good to know. I knew nothing about it, and only had the email last week.

I had a few emails about it, Bluetit, and failed to update a couple o f times too, but, like you, there was no issue with them replacing it, once they had ascertained the firmware version.

Reactions: Bluetit1802