1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Freestyle Libre reader latest update

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by Bluetit1802, Oct 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

My reader was purchased through Abbott and is registered with them. (I am a registered user)

I received an email from Abbott advising me to update my reader to the latest version, which is 2.4.8. They say this reader has

Even better first day accuracy – Sensor reading closer to blood glucose1

Even better overall accuracy for the entire wear period2

I was unable to download this latest version because my reader is incompatible. It is quite old and is version 2.1.2 0.94.

I contacted Abbott and they are sending me a new reader already updated, free of charge.

I just thought I would share this with you all in case you are in the same position.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. kaylz91

kaylz91 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

The update became available quite some time a go so I think most people have already updated OR called and been issued with a new one that is compatible xx

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Guru

That is good to know. I knew nothing about it, and only had the email last week.

4. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Staff Member Administrator

I had a few emails about it, Bluetit, and failed to update a couple o f times too, but, like you, there was no issue with them replacing it, once they had ascertained the firmware version.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook