Hello world, Lillyse here!

Lillyse

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there!
Swedish girl ("woman" seems too grown up even though I'll be 30 soon) with Type 1 here! Have had it for about 10 years now. I work as a cook in a pub, which can be interesting with long shifts and late hours. Not easy to have good sleeping/eating routines with my erratic schedule but hey, it's (mostly) fun! ;)

I have always been told how "good" I am at almost all my appointments. At the last visit the nurse raved about how well I was doing with only finger testing and pen injections, but since finding this forum I've realised my hbA1c and overall control could be sooooo much better!!

I don't know, I just think I've been lucky with good hbA1c results, because my bg results often are all over the place :hilarious: Lowest ever hbA1c was 46, latest check-up said 49. I just started using a contour next meter whick seems to get me more excited to get good readings, but time will tell...

Anyways, looking forward to learn more about type 1 stuff here! Hoping to find some motivation to get healthier and not just guess my way through life.

Whoopwhoop, enough blabbering, that's all for now! :)
Current bg: 5,6 mmol/mol

//Lillyse

Lillyse

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hot kitchens and Bering on your feet for hours will add to the interesting aspects of control but it sounds like you are doing well.

Haha, yes, the upside being that I don't need much extra excercise outside work

Thank you both for the welcoming! There was a small swedish online forum years ago but it closed down and I've been missing it... So glad I found this place :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi there!
Swedish girl ("woman" seems too grown up even though I'll be 30 soon) with Type 1 here! Have had it for about 10 years now. I work as a cook in a pub, which can be interesting with long shifts and late hours. Not easy to have good sleeping/eating routines with my erratic schedule but hey, it's (mostly) fun! ;)

I have always been told how "good" I am at almost all my appointments. At the last visit the nurse raved about how well I was doing with only finger testing and pen injections, but since finding this forum I've realised my hbA1c and overall control could be sooooo much better!!

I don't know, I just think I've been lucky with good hbA1c results, because my bg results often are all over the place :hilarious: Lowest ever hbA1c was 46, latest check-up said 49. I just started using a contour next meter whick seems to get me more excited to get good readings, but time will tell...

Anyways, looking forward to learn more about type 1 stuff here! Hoping to find some motivation to get healthier and not just guess my way through life.

Whoopwhoop, enough blabbering, that's all for now! :)
Current bg: 5,6 mmol/mol

//Lillyse

Hej and welcome Lillyse, nice to meet you :)
Your job sounds interesting and very busy too.

micksmixxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hej, Lillyse.

It's great that you've found us, but sad that the Swedish website closed down.

I do hope that we can become better acquainted as time goes on, ma'am.

Lots of Love and Light.

Mick
x x x x
x x x

P.S. Please don't be offended, or alarmed, at the 'x's'. It's merely a logo, of sorts, that I've used for the past 40-odd years.

Reactions: Lillyse

Lillyse

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@micksmixxx, @Jaylee, @urbanracer, @Robinredbreast wohoo I found out how to tag people :cool: Long time no forum... Thank you all for welcoming me!

Today was a typical ***-t1 day, haha.... Went to bed with 3.1, woke up with 14.4.

One thing I've been thinking about is ketones. My dr or nurse have never talked about it, I just read about it here. Or, maybe they said something over 10 years ago when I got the diagnose, but there was a lot to take in then ;) Do you self test for this? I don't think I have had it (?) since I don't feel bad (at all) even when I get bg readings of 26. Or maybe I get it but just don't feel it. I just dunno, please feel free to enlighten me :wacky:

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
@micksmixxx, @Jaylee, @urbanracer, @Robinredbreast wohoo I found out how to tag people :cool: Long time no forum... Thank you all for welcoming me!

Today was a typical ***-t1 day, haha.... Went to bed with 3.1, woke up with 14.4.

One thing I've been thinking about is ketones. My dr or nurse have never talked about it, I just read about it here. Or, maybe they said something over 10 years ago when I got the diagnose, but there was a lot to take in then ;) Do you self test for this? I don't think I have had it (?) since I don't feel bad (at all) even when I get bg readings of 26. Or maybe I get it but just don't feel it. I just dunno, please feel free to enlighten me :wacky:

My glucomen meter can do blood glucose and ketones (using different strips) and I have done it in the past but not for a few years now.

Everytime I did ketone testing I got low numbers, - even when my glucose levels were higher than I wanted. So I kinda lost interest in testing for ketones.

When my meter is being super friendly and displaying HI it also prompts me to ketone test so maybe I should do it more often.

Lillyse

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When my meter is being super friendly and displaying HI it also prompts me to ketone test so maybe I should do it more often.

Haha, that was how I saw it yesterday - my app for my new meter screaming "DANGEROUSLY HIGH! Check for ketones and contact your medical team". (My body randomly decided that 18 was a good number.) I'll ask my team when I go back in a couple of months. Can't be that important of they haven't told me in so many years.... I hope. :bored:

Lillyse

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just an update, it seem like my insulin had gone bad for some reason. I stayed high for two days, and when rather big correction doses really didn't make any difference I tried new pens and it did the trick.

Weird though, cause they worked in the evening (3.1 before bed), but woke up at 14.4.

Superstrange, I don't know what happened, but I'm good now so whatever! :dead::confused::meh::p

Reactions: urbanracer