Tired!

I have been diabetic for almost 12 years and am currently having to get up to go to the loo often

• Advice

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Ideas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TimD

I have been diabetic for almost 12 years and am currently having to get up to go to the loo and during the night, which means my sleep is disturbed, and I am tired most of the time. Anybideas?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Two obvious possible reasons for this, both of which require a visit to a doctor

1) Thirst and frequent urination can be a symptom of high blood sugar. Do you know what your levels are like?
2) Prostate issues are common in males as they get older, and there's no need to suffer them in silence.

Of course, there may be another reason altogether, but I suggest you get checked out.
Good luck, and welcome to the forums.

TimD

Thanks, I am due to have my blood sugar levels checked in the next few days and I am on medication for an enlarged prostate, but medication hasn't been reviewed for this.

ShortStuff

When I fall off the LCHF wagon, I know when my BGL’s are starting to get too high and one of the things that changes is needing to get up to use the toilet in the night, when my BGL’s are good I don’t need to.

mouseee

Low carb high fat way of eating.

Before I was diagnosed I was exhausted. As well as loads of other symptoms. My blood sugar was high and had been for a long while. I adopted this way of eating and blood sugar dropped and has remained so for the past 3 months. Not exhausted anymore and all symptoms gone.

I can highly recommend getting your own meter which i assume you dont have so can see what's happening to your blood sugar after you eat. I now know when I am high as I've tested whenever I feel peculiar and can now recognise when that happens.

It's hard work but we'll worth it. I can stay awake beyond 8.30 now!

ShelleyDubs

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry, but pardon my ignorance - what is LCHF wagon?

LCHF = Low Carb High Fat. A lot of diabetics positively manage their blood glucose levels by restricting all carbs in favour of healthy fats.

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
Thanks, I am due to have my blood sugar levels checked in the next few days and I am on medication for an enlarged prostate, but medication hasn't been reviewed for this.

Hi I’ve got enlarged prostate as well and on finasteride and doxazosin both have made very little difference in getting up for a P but seems to be working elsewhere so I don’t think the meds have any effect on you other than treatment of the prostate