Correction dose

angie92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi

I’m on humalog and lantus insulin. I’m just wondering how you work our a correction dose and I’ve just changed monitors which use to do it for me. I’m just a bit stuck my diabetes nurse is rubbish and won’t help me

angie92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My glucose meter did tell me my correction dose Kim I’ve got a new meter. So I need to figure out how to do the correction dose myself

Last edited by a moderator:

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
My bloody glucose meter did tell me my correction dose Kim I’ve got a new meter. So I need to figure out how to do the correction dose myself

I've read your other post. Can I ask, roughly, how much total insulin you take on a typical day (bolus plus basal)? There's a rough starting point calculation that my clinic used when I first started with them and I want to see if that agrees with the 3.5 on your other thread.

Also, be aware that you can't really calculate insulin sensitivity/correction doses if your basal isn't right.....

angie92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've read your other post. Can I ask, roughly, how much total insulin you take on a typical day (bolus plus basal)? There's a rough starting point calculation that my clinic used when I first started with them and I want to see if that agrees with the 3.5 on your other thread.

Also, be aware that you can't really calculate insulin sensitivity/correction doses if your basal isn't right.....

It’s about 70 units a day