The name of the Rose.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
This book by Umberto Eco, is being dramatised on the BBC, I loved the book and enjoyed the film with Sean Connery in the starring role.
This dramatisation is a series currently up to episode four this weekend.
A great murder mystery, set in the middle ages in a monastery in Italy.

Watch it, it is very good!

Reactions: karen8967

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds good! I'll go see if I can watch it from the Netherlands over the internet :)

Reactions: Lamont D

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not an IT boffin, but I believe the answer is to get a VPN (Virtual Private Network) and you can then pretend to be accessing the BBC site from the UK. Just Google VPN for more information. The rights issues thing is usually down to the fact that broadcast rights in different countries have been sold to other broadcasters, who would be understandably miffed if their potential audience went elsewhere. I very much enjoyed the book but haven't seen the film or the TV series. I do recall Sean Connery explaining the difficulty of selling the idea of the film to the studios . I suspect they only managed to get it made because they had a major name (ie Connery himself) committed to being in the film, which pretty much guaranteed success.
I tried, but it didn't work. It said: "BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues.".
Stupid.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hubby got me to record this for him. I might give it a go to see what its like.

Thanks for the heads up, will beat watching zombies