Weight gain

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

I have been gaining weight within 3 days I have put on 3kg. I am low carb and exercising 4-5x a week. My blood sugars have been creeping up within those days but I dont understand the weight gain, I have been eating and noting everything and I know I've been exercising more too, if anyone has experienced this too and if it could be due to my blood sugars creeping up, I'm not going to high but I'm around 10mmol after meals and only 4-5 hours later I can be down to 7-8.. if anyone has experienced this and has any advice would appreciate it.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If I go 10 after eating and am at 7 or 8 5 hours after, I would be very upset.

Are you testing immediately before your first bite and 2 hours later?

Can you give an example of what you eat in a day?

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If I go 10 after eating and am at 7 or 8 5 hours after, I would be very upset.

Are you testing immediately before your first bite and 2 hours later?

Can you give an example of what you eat in a day?

I usually have eggs for breakfast, then I'll have tuna or chicken with veggies in the evening I'll usually have almonds and nuts between meals. It can vary though, some people tell me I'm eating less but I'm gaining weight. I test before meals and 2 hours after meals, then I'll test again before my next meal 4-5 hours later

Wojciechu

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I usually have eggs for breakfast, then I'll have tuna or chicken with veggies in the evening I'll usually have almonds and nuts between meals. It can vary though, some people tell me I'm eating less but I'm gaining weight. I test before meals and 2 hours after meals, then I'll test again before my next meal 4-5 hours later

Are you on Insulin? Insulin can cause weight gain.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,

I have been gaining weight within 3 days I have put on 3kg. I am low carb and exercising 4-5x a week. My blood sugars have been creeping up within those days but I dont understand the weight gain, I have been eating and noting everything and I know I've been exercising more too, if anyone has experienced this too and if it could be due to my blood sugars creeping up, I'm not going to high but I'm around 10mmol after meals and only 4-5 hours later I can be down to 7-8.. if anyone has experienced this and has any advice would appreciate it.
Unless you were dehydrated before and have been drinking a lot more I can't see how you can put on nearly half a stone in 3 days.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Unless you were dehydrated before and have been drinking a lot more I can't see how you can put on nearly half a stone in 3 days.

I drink 3 litre water everyday. I dont know. My blood sugar have been creeping but I'm not sure whether that can put on 3kg

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I drink 3 litre water everyday. I dont know. My blood sugar have been creeping but I'm not sure whether that can put on 3kg
3 litres of water weighs 3 kg so that might be something to do with your short term weight gain. Why do you drink so much water?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
No delicate way to ask - are you constipated?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your food sounds great. Have you increased the quantities without realising? Where did the 10 come from and what was your reading before eating?

D

Deleted member 308541

Yes, I have constipation, I usually only go once a week or once every 2 weeks. :***:
That's where your weight gain is coming from, you need to see your GP for a good old boojie up the bum enema...

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Usman doesn't need an enema ... just a gentle overnight laxative. That is far too long a period to wait

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's where your weight gain is coming from, you need to see your GP for a good old boojie up the bum enema...

I have been examined by a doctor before but was all clear they gave me something called laxido, when I do go, for number 2, its loose so I dont know why i can only go once a week..

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He currently uses lepticol. There are different ones, you have to find out which suits you.