What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm T2 so don't go that low and it would scare the bejeebus out of me. Do the symptoms of low BG wake you up?
i had been hypo for about 2 1/2 hours before i woke up dont really feel the hypos anymore but always wake up and i have my stash of jelly babies and digestives at the side of my bed i also check with a fingerprick as i use the libre and sometimes its not 100%,it sounds mad but i would rather be low than high as i feel awful when high .:)

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i had been hypo for about 2 1/2 hours before i woke up dont really feel the hypos anymore but always wake up and i have my stash of jelly babies and digestives at the side of my bed i also check with a fingerprick as i use the libre and sometimes its not 100%,it sounds mad but i would rather be low than high as i feel awful when high .:)

I can appreciate that, I don't like being high. Thank you for explaining, I regard myself as still new to all this and the differences between the types of diabetes.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can appreciate that, I don't like being high. Thank you for explaining, I regard myself as still new to all this and the differences between the types of diabetes.
Here is my graph
Screenshot_20191114-112212_LibreLink.jpg

Reactions: Prem51

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.8. Fasting until 2:30pm, when it went up to 7.5. wasn’t an intentional fast, but I now have enough data to show that I need to eat early, unless I am fasting for more than 24 hours.
Tricky, sneaky condition this is.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hungry isn't something I feel when my BG is low. That's usually a sign that it is higher than it should be. The numb, powerless and shaky applies to my low BG - also eyesight getting "odd" (dark, almost tunnel vision and not able to focus on anything), but not sad.

I am tired most of the time but is that high BG, or just usual for me? When BG is very high I feel a bit odd, maybe dizzy or light headed, and hungry, but none of those other things

What's normal? Not me for sure, never have been in any way,

Hoping to get my FBG down to 5 or 6. but not often succeeding.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm T2 so don't go that low and it would scare the bejeebus out of me. Do the symptoms of low BG wake you up?
I'm type 2 and have had 3.4 twice in the space of a few weeks and it is a weird and horrible feeling and yet some type 2 seem to be ok with numbers in the low 3's