What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
well this mornings reading was 5.2 after a pretty awful night.
yesterday before dinner reading was 7.7 after dinner 3.7 don't get that at all then bed time it was 3.8 so had some carbs sleepless night so not feeling so great now.

I hope today will be better. Hug.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a cold and frosty morning in the dark and dangerous north - and that’s just me, no idea what the weather is like as it’s dark. Soon I will know - the bins are pining for the bin wagon.

The wonder wheel of a day spent visiting family came in with an under the wire 4.5 this am

Thank you @PenguinMum , @Muddy Cyclist , @karen8967, @trick60, @alf_Josiah, @SaskiaKC, @jjraak, @ianpspurs and anyone else that I may have missed for your best wishes on the arrival of a new member of the bank of grandad and grandmother. She should be home today - mutterings about latching on and milk production - very confusing but she only learned about the concept of talking yesterday.

Lots of crazy festive themed items popping up and the marketing algorithms at places like Amazon and Not On The High Street seem sometimes to have hidden lines of programming added by Protesting Pete the Petulant Programmer.
How do you get from ordering a shaving brush a year or so ago to maybe wanting a Jesus Shaves mug?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jesus-Shaves-Heat-Changing-Mug/dp/B004P4VUVU/ref=sr_1_26keywords=toy+coffee+mugs&qid=1574193169&s=kids&sr=1-26
And - let’s link it, because people who bought that (yes, allegedly some folk already have one in the bag) why not get some adhesive Christ Almighty sticky notes?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adhesive-C...F3400RPRY3J&psc=1&refRID=0DT7QSEXXF3400RPRY3J
Dear me. As talk of reducing waste increases, why don’t we all, in the meantime, buy loads of pointless rubbish and wrap it all up as gifts.
I am now going to watch an episode of the comedian Stuart Lee talking about his cat which he calls Jeremy Corbyn - find it on YouTube if you like satire.
Have a great day if you can, search the internet for pointless gifts for bewildering recipients if you can’t

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are Air Fryers good for a LCHF diet?

That I shall find out, the internet is full of chatter about air fryers and diabetes but I will reserve judgement. I want to see how it deals with my proteins as I dislike frying in general, and I already know I can't do crumpets in it so that's brought it down to 4 stars from the get-go ;)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That I shall find out, the internet is full of chatter about air fryers and diabetes but I will reserve judgement. I want to see how it deals with my proteins as I dislike frying in general, and I already know I can't do crumpets in it so that's brought it down to 4 stars from the get-go ;)
Can you do pikelets in it instead?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
on the arrival of a new member of the bank of grandad and grandmother.
Congratulations dunelm & family … can we claim the new arrival as our first official brand new FBG full on chat associate member.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can you do pikelets in it instead?

There's a word I haven't heard in a very long time. I remember getting a clip round the ear for using it to replace 'crumpet'. My argument for using it was that 'crumpet' was also a derogatory term for a desirable female and, only being 8 years old, I should not use it. My validation just earned another hiding :)

EDIT
There is a difference, hence the spanking :angelic:

crumpet.png

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and jjraak

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 this morning. Blimey! Think it must be the omelette effect @PenguinMum I had this last night - basically an omelette cooked in the oven.
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-bacon-mushroom-breakfast-casserole

Today is Dennis’ favourite day of the week - bin day! He loves alerting me to the bin men arriving by barking loudly, then even better is the sniffy walk along the lane following the invisible trail of stinky bin juice drippings. Dogs really are revolting.
Forgot to post yesterday so I’ve got a backlog to catch up with now. See you later.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations dunelm & family … can we claim the new arrival as our first official brand new FBG full on chat associate member.
Thank you - I shall ask her if she wants to become an associate member - how soon do we need to know as the lazy madam seems to sleep quite a lot.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There's a word I haven't heard in a very long time. I remember getting a clip round the ear for using it to replace 'crumpet'. My argument for using it was that 'crumpet' was also a derogatory term for a desirable female and, only being 8 years old, I should not use it. My validation just earned another hiding :)

EDIT
There is a difference, hence the spanking :angelic:

View attachment 36816
Where I grew up, in South Yorkshire, the word crumpet was only used by folk who washed each day and had their own toothbrush.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Where I grew up, in South Yorkshire, the word crumpet was only used by folk who washed each day and had their own toothbrush.

We were a tin bath in front of an open fire on a Friday, sink the rest of the week. Go stand in the rain if you're really mucky ;)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Another disappointing 6.4 today. Woke late after another horrible nightmare. Bit stressed in the last week over old family problem which I managed to park over weekend when son and GF here. Supper last night was an aubergine curry side from a meal deal which I had with fried mushrooms. My HBA1c is due before Christmas so I better start putting in the effort. @DJC3 terrific score have only had a 4 once but defo omelette tonight.
@JohnEGreen hope you are ok. @Muddy Cyclist hope the sciatica improves pronto, horrible thing. @dunelm lovely to have a new baby in the family for Christmas. @HarryBeau hope you start to feel better glad you have a quiet day.
Have a good Wednesday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. Another disappointing 6.4 today
Don't be disappointed PM stress & worry is a major factor in raising those BGs...in those circumstances there's little you can do to avoid a spike...hope things will settle down for you as for the HbA1c likely you'll be pleasantly surprised have a good day.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
in South Yorkshire, the word crumpet was only used by folk who washed each day and had their own toothbrush.
Blimey that's considered posh where I come from...I daren't tell you what the word 'crumpet' was used for in our neck of the woods in sarrf Londono_O

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you - I shall ask her if she wants to become an associate member - how soon do we need to know as the lazy madam seems to sleep quite a lot.
Unlimited time dunelm...no doubt she will be very busy holding court...lots of visitors to receive...then the official assessment from her siblings/ aunties/uncles/cousins so any time she has a window of opportunity we'd be happy to have her consider the offer:).

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 today following Eric's birthday celebrations and a little libre sensor experiment (hba1c behind me!)

Yesterday breaky was a slice of low carb bread with 2 eggs scrambled on toast. That's the first rise.

We went out for tea. Took CGM reading of 4.4 @ 16.25 before I ate. Had lots to eat over about 2 hours. Followed the eatwell plate guidelines, what could possibly go wrong!

Shared Mediterranean platter to start. Not too carby, cold meats olives, hummus and (jaws music here) artisan bread. I ate 1.5 pieces

Main course chicken and chorizo kebab

Followed by cheese board. I had 3 crackers and cheese galore plus (jaws music here) 3 sugar bombs (grapes).

The alcohol was kicking in. Red wine (cant forget to mention that!).

Sharing dessert ordered. Cheesecake. With berries and cream.

Tia Maria coffee to finish (I think sugar added).

How delighted was I to get a 5.2 when I got home.

Continued to test when I woke up (very warm) readings during the night up and down like a roller coaster as graph shows. Still having a bit of a battle with the glucose now I feel. My stomache making growling noises during night and this morning.

Just thought I would share my findings with you.

I wont be doing another experiment quite as extreme as that. Not fair on my dads army inside. They must be exhausted!!!

Tesco talk today. Recapping my journey. Sugar demo. Experiment sharing. Hoping to bake cookies!!!

Happy hump day all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191120-083210_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20191120-083210_LibreLink.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 216
  • Screenshot_20191120-083218_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20191120-083218_LibreLink.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 20191119_161725_resized.jpg
    20191119_161725_resized.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 204
  • 20191119_161023_resized.jpg
    20191119_161023_resized.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 209
  • 20191119_162104_resized.jpg
    20191119_162104_resized.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 20191119_164856_resized.jpg
    20191119_164856_resized.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 200
  • 20191119_173609_resized.jpg
    20191119_173609_resized.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG-20191120-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20191120-WA0000.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 204
  • Screenshot_20191120-083210_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20191120-083210_LibreLink.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 211
  • Screenshot_20191120-083218_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20191120-083218_LibreLink.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 211

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We were a tin bath in front of an open fire on a Friday, sink the rest of the week. Go stand in the rain if you're really mucky ;)
We were posh and had an immersion heater, but mom and dad only put it on once a week so last one in the bath froze.

I'm with you there is a big difference between a crumpet and a pikelet. It always sounded very daring to say I fancy a bit of crumpet the same way as saying I fancy a French Tart, I suppose. Probably get a slap on the wrist for typing both of those phrases. :joyful:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who worship at the alter of National Bin Day, for ecumenical fairness I must add other deities are available like veganism and vegetarianism, available from all good retailers. I, myself and my other me's vary from paganism to pastafarianism depending on which height the gulf stream is at.

Well this morning a straight 8, I was expecting a number in this region due to a snack of mousetrap, warnings the spring is a bit indigestible.

I have no idea what your plans are for today, but whatever please enjoy. Those that are under the weather, stop it now or at least take precautions. Hehehe.