Zero carb chocolate

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They aren't "carb free" you wont find any food that's carb free, they do in fact contain over 1g carb per baton and there are some that are very sensitive to carbs so would need to in fact take insulin for it xx

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They aren't "carb free" you wont find any food that's carb free, they do in fact contain over 1g carb per baton and there are some that are very sensitive to carbs so would need to in fact take insulin for it xx
Meat is pretty carb free...

Ian DP

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chips
They aren't "carb free" you wont find any food that's carb free,

They are carb free. On the back of pack it states. Carbs 0. Fat 52.9G per 100g.
Looking on their website, not available. I buy them at local shop whenever they have them. They don’t affect my glucose levels at all.

Reactions: NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hotel Chocolate sell a zero carb chocolate. Batons, 100% dark organic Ecuador. Very nice.
I think I will boost the Ecuadorian economy tomorrow! 100% is hardcore but nice and as to the 1g carb content, I don't think I'd need more than a couple.
Ought to be on prescription.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
if its a plain bit of meat then yes but not completely if its been cured or anything but I meant in the instance of "treats"
Even meat has a bit of whatever glycogen that beast had in its' muscles but not worth counting when it also comes packaged with fat.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They are carb free. On the back of pack it states. Carbs 0. Fat 52.9G per 100g.
Looking on their website, not available. I buy them at local shop whenever they have them. They don’t affect my glucose levels at all.
they aren't, someone has even posted the link to them up above which shows they aren't carb free

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
At 100% they are certainly sugar free, but if there's any cacao powder in them (as opposed to just cacao butter, which is pale yellow in colour) they will have at least some starch and fibre carbs. Still, definitely interesting (especially dipped in almond butter). Not for me at present, though, as I'm doing a strict carnivore challenge!

Ian DP

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chips
Zero carb. Back in stock at Bury st Edmunds. £6.50 or two packs for £12.00

774EF609-C98F-471E-9075-430DB10BBF80.jpeg

Reactions: Listlad

mouseee

Which one is correct????? Packaging clearly says 0g per 100g. Website link 13g per 100g. That's quite a big difference!

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
£6:50 for a bar of chocolate - I think not!
I buy the 70% ones which are delicious and find that one baton is enough so they do last a couple of weeks - how long would a bar of chocolate last. I last paid £5.00 because they were 3 for £15.00 and I bought them with some chocolate covered Brazil’s and ginger puddles ie big chocolate buttons :hungry::hungry::hungry:

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
£6:50 for a bar of chocolate - I think not!
15 batons last me at least 3 weeks as I don't eat it every day, one baton is enough and very satiating so at 50p a day for healthy chocolate treat is reasonable to me - how much is a Mars bar now? I have no idea or a bag of pork scratching if we want to think the LCHF way

Reactions: Lotties

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only