About Jardiance

Kaha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hypocrite
If any of you guys take Jardiance as diabetic medication, can you please share your opinion on whether the 10mg and 25mg has a big difference in terms of effect and side effects?

brianzion_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been taking 25mg a day for the last 3 months and I have no side effects and its actually doing a good job of controlling my blood sugar levels.... it took me a while to get used to going to the loo more often and I drink more water which was advised from my diabetes doctor

veena148

I have been taking 25mg a day for the last 3 months and I have no side effects and its actually doing a good job of controlling my blood sugar levels.... it took me a while to get used to going to the loo more often and I drink more water which was advised from my diabetes doctor

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I’m on this medication and will be going up to 25mg once it’s been prescribed by my dr. The only problem I’ve had with this is repeated thrush so my diabetic dr has told me to drink more as that dilutes it down. I find it quite difficult as I really don’t drink loads. So I’ve increased a little more squash!

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I hope the squash is suger free, as otherwise it will increase the amount of suger comming out the other end, and hence increase the thrush.

Yes it is sugar free!

Reactions: EllieM

pelirocco

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Are the carbs worth the thrush?
No

I've been on jardiance for nearly a year ,had a great effect on my readings but developed the most horrendous thrush a few weeks ago
I was told to stop taking it for 2 weeks ,treated for the thrush
I restarted it ,back to ibs, very bad constipation ,constant weeing and I think I maybe heading for thrush again
I am 62 and have never had thrush before btw

• Hug
Reactions: EllieM

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Jardiance (emplagliflozin) is an sglt2 medication which can rarely have the effect of euglycemic (normal blood glucose) DKA when combined with a keto/low carb diet. If you’re going to try a proper low carb diet get this medication changed first or dont cut more than than the excessive amounts and have a conversation with your prescriber about what’s safe and how to test for ketones.