Anyone have symptoms of low blood sugar before diabetes?

Medina27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For YEARS leading up to my diagnosis I would have sugar crashes where my brain/body would go into panic mode for sweet foods and the symptoms would immediately subside upon eating them.

This happened through out my late 20's and now age 31, diabetic probable type 1.

Did anyone else have this?

Shannon27

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That sounds more like a craving called Candida. There are bacteria in the gut that feed on sugar and produce Candida yeasts, which can lead to complications. The majority of people eat normally and never have complications though :) have a look at the Harcombe diet, the first section is aimed at getting you over various cravings such as Candida. The author wrote it based on the diet the family went on when her little brother got diagnosed with T1 diabetes, it's really interesting :)

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
For YEARS leading up to my diagnosis I would have sugar crashes where my brain/body would go into panic mode for sweet foods and the symptoms would immediately subside upon eating them.

This happened through out my late 20's and now age 31, diabetic probable type 1.

Did anyone else have this?
Also sounds like reactive hypoglycemia. Your symptoms describe an imbalance of insulin/food (low blood sugar) whereas if you are type 1 you would be low on insulin. I have heard of RH preceding type 2 though so it will be important to have your digagnosis confirmed through GAD (antibodies) and C Peptide tests e.g. are you destroying your own beta cells and are you still making insulin?