Meat free.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This years Golden Globes Awards offered up a menu that was entirely plant based.
This decision was in response to climate change, something the organisers obviously feel strongly about.
Well done to the Golden Globes for standing up, especially in World Carnivore month. It’s imperative that both sides of the coin get recognition.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Oooooooooooooh, I bet the local steak houses did a roaring trade when all those hungry people left... :D

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This years Golden Globes Awards offered up a menu that was entirely plant based.
This decision was in response to climate change, something the organisers obviously feel strongly about.
Well done to the Golden Globes for standing up, especially in World Carnivore month. It’s imperative that both sides of the coin get recognition.

Very odd that you seem to have missed the irony of a room full of multi-millionaire private jet users eating some greens "for the planet". Virtue signalling of the highest order.

I'm not a fan of Ricky Gervais but thought his speech containing the words

"You are in no position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real world"

very telling indeed..

Also you have missed mentioning that along side World Carnivore Month we have "Veganuary" which Zoe Harcombe neatly pointed out the nutrient deficiencies in in her newsletter this morning.. A neat juxtaposition.

Edit to add another better informed piece
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1214008244697354240.html

And for those who are interested a link to Zoe's piece not behind her paywall..

https://www.zoeharcombe.com/2020/01/is-veganuary-healthy/

Last edited:

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I am not sure why you think this is something to celebrate on a diabetic site? Although it is not very helpful for several other chronic conditions - it is not just diet controlled T2 diabetics who could struggle with a plant based menu.
I try to reduce my impact on the environment, and have done for the last 50+ years but I won't be guilt shamed about eating eggs, fish and chicken. The impact of changing my diet but then needing extra vitamins and diabetic drugs instead would be a bigger impact on resources and pollution.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But from little acorns mighty oak trees grow.

Possibly assuming that you believe that "global warming" is man made and not a completely natural occurrence..

However the idiots that are "Hollywood" will make little if any difference

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
However the idiots that are "Hollywood" will make little if any difference
An interesting sentence. One where you can replace one word and not lose the relevance but just make idiots elsewhere.
For the record. I wouldn’t of have expected you to resort to using the word “ idiots “ I had you down as more educated.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@bulkbiker . You have a short memory my friend. Full on omnivore here. Eating a sensible, well balanced diet. None of the fad diets here.
This thread is here just as an observation and to offer some balance to the forum.
Let’s not forget that this is the Vegetarian sub forum.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Its hard to know what to say to people who are so anti vegetarian or vegan. I think many people who chose not to eat meat leave this forum feeling completely unsupported yet it is possible to control BGs without eating meat.

What you or I chose to eat is our own choice and that choice should be respected.

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I get the impression from the OP that a plant based menu was all that was offered? If so I can imagine the uproar if that was reversed and no veggie options available!
I also agree with @Chook that what one eats should be ones own choice and not dictated to by others (especially overpaid actors who earn a living by pretending to be someone else). Vegan, Carnivore and all things in between are acceptable in my view.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think there should have been a choice of menu. Many, even those who are not doing so for medical reason, are low carbing.

Mind you, I dont like virtue signalling in any form. Or hypocrisy.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi,

Is there a breakdown of what the menu actually was...? ;)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Is there a breakdown of what the menu actually was...? ;)
Screenshot 2020-01-06 at 18.02.24.png

Reactions: Listlad

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was watching a TV program where little gang of cattle was being used to trample the rice terraces to prepare them for planting - basically creating a nice soft mud where only the rice could grow.
If there are no cattle available then what would be the alternative form of mud creation?

Reactions: Robbity