Can stress cause you to throw up and how to deal with diabeties during this?

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
Hello there so I had a recent incident (well the 30th town which got reported to both security and police got back and Just want to know if I went to press charges or just write a statment. This question been stressing me out apart from Friday when I was around animals. Like I want them to get into trouble but don’t want to go through hassle or stress of court and well since then my bloods been high all thseee days. However today I woke up at 6 with a headache and cough. However I also ended up feeling sick and throwing up some yellow spit. I hadn’t eaten anything as the dinner I had we in date not out of date and cooked probably. My bloods Currently 11.3 after I went back to sleep for.w but that feeling comes and goes. I still have a headache though and keep gretting pins and needles in my feet Awkardly I was meant meet my friends today but I don’t want to through up when I’m in town or on my journry to town. I also know when my blood comes down I should eat something but I’m afraid if I do I’ll just end up throwing up again

I actually started getting the cough yesterday after my dentist appointment. Don’t know if that’s related

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Lulu9101112 Stress can manifest itself in many ways, so yes it's typical to throw up, not eat, not sleep and yes all these things are even harder for type 1's as they impact on our glucose control. It's important to eat something, chicken soup is my go to food when feeling unwell, or even something like toast, just simple food.

Not sure what issues you are dealing with, but take care of yourself, keeping your levels of stress down is important, so sleep, fresh air, exercise, talking and eating something are important, hope things sort themselves out for you soon.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @Lulu9101112 Stress can manifest itself in many ways, so yes it's typical to throw up, not eat, not sleep and yes all these things are even harder for type 1's as they impact on our glucose control. It's important to eat something, chicken soup is my go to food when feeling unwell, or even something like toast, just simple food.

Not sure what issues you are dealing with, but take care of yourself, keeping your levels of stress down is important, so sleep, fresh air, exercise, talking and eating something are important, hope things sort themselves out for you soon.
Thanks. We have no soup left. I was able to eat a bit of fruit though. At the moment the feeling sick has passed after
Going back to sleep although my mum tells me to wait 30 mins after I’ve eating before doing insulin Incase I throw up again becuse last time a similar thing happens whenever I throw up my blood kept going low. Like I don’t want to excersize also in case I get stressed out by those people who caused the recent incident. It’s also the reason why I’m not mention any details because I’m worried I’d get stressed out even more. It could cause me to throw up and well that’s not good when near to town.

And well ice decided the answer to question the police asked. I’m not going to press charges because I don’t want to get stressed out anymore but in the future it it’s gets a worse then I will probably have too

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Sorry to hear you're having a bad time of things Lulu, just please look after yourself though, regardless of what's going on, putting yourself first is a priority.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sorry to hear you're having a bad time of things Lulu, just please look after yourself though, regardless of what's going on, putting yourself first is a priority.

It’s just annoying but I guess Im ucky as I haven’t been sick any day within the last 2 years.
Thanks and I understand I don’t feel sick anymore but still have a bit of headache however banana and tea helped with that and see if I can try to excersize a bit later I was going say the feeling went away. I’m a lot more relaxed luckily so mabye was hat helped
As well

MetabolicJim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lulu: are you throwing up from your stomach or are coughing up sputum/phlegm from your lungs? I had some really bad chesty coughs when my type 2 diabetes was out of control. My vitamin D was probably really low too.