What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@geefull happy birthday to your mum - 95 years old and obviously still fit enough to wander round shops, very impressive. Hope you all have a lovely lunch.
How lovely for gt-gdad to meet little Jasper @Debandez , hope they were both good!
@SaskiaKC and @PenguinMum I wonder what a dream interpreter would make of your dreams. Might be worth researching a bit if you’ve had them a few times, I think dreams can often tell us something we are subconsciously ignoring.
@ianpspurs and @PenguinMum in the interests of full disclosure, today’s low fbg was taken about 2 hrs earlier than usual - it was over 6 by mid morning. It was still nice to see though.
@gennepher I’m sorry to read about your problems lipreading the tattooed lady, but your tattoo inspired art is stunning. The story reminded me of a book I once read, called Ink - a fiction about a place where people’s life stories and significant events are recorded on their skin in ink in elaborate designs. Everyone could then see the sort of life you’ve lived and the sort of person you were and you wouldn’t be able to lie about your past.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, 5.4 on the dice, just got to put my harp and lyre away then I'm off to work, have a lovely day all.

You sound very kingly!
I know you didn't pack your sling away with the harp and lyre but took it with you -- there are giants among the philistines, you know! ;)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I remember reading in a book long ago about people talking about "getting a good bait" -- getting a good meal.
Apparently "bait" is from an Old Norse word for "food" and is related to "bite."

Ah! Excellent, thank you, you are such a mine of information Saskia.
It makes sense, I think there are a lot of Norse derivative words in the north of UK
Tagging @dunelm too in case he doesn’t see your reply.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak and @gennepher Dr Jenkinson's idea makes sense to me too. I think the same way whenever I watch dog shows. Some are Whippets, and some are Bulldogs, but they're all dogs, and all in good condition and health.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are also far more things you are especially good at which are also definitely more important. Being an excellent, loving wife, mother, friend, carer of pets and member of this community for a start. Focus on those and forget the rest.
Thank you for saying that, you have made me blush :rolleyes: Also thanks to @SaskiaKC. @DJC3 re interpretation of nightmares or any mental anguish the best psychiatrists seem to always blame the parents rightly or wrongly. Defo not going there.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@geefull happy birthday to your mum - 95 years old and obviously still fit enough to wander round shops, very impressive. Hope you all have a lovely lunch.
How lovely for gt-gdad to meet little Jasper @Debandez , hope they were both good!
@SaskiaKC and @PenguinMum I wonder what a dream interpreter would make of your dreams. Might be worth researching a bit if you’ve had them a few times, I think dreams can often tell us something we are subconsciously ignoring.
@ianpspurs and @PenguinMum in the interests of full disclosure, today’s low fbg was taken about 2 hrs earlier than usual - it was over 6 by mid morning. It was still nice to see though.
@gennepher I’m sorry to read about your problems lipreading the tattooed lady, but your tattoo inspired art is stunning. The story reminded me of a book I once read, called Ink - a fiction about a place where people’s life stories and significant events are recorded on their skin in ink in elaborate designs. Everyone could then see the sort of life you’ve lived and the sort of person you were and you wouldn’t be able to lie about your past.
Fbg may have been 2 hrs earlier but numbers is numbers. Anyhow, nobody read that part we'll keep it a secret.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher Thank you for posting your painting.
I wondered if you are the butterfly caught between the wolf and the raven, yet, being a butterfly, not trapped by either.
I wonder if the Chinese balls are to Popeye like fingernails on a chalkboard to some hearing people? Makes his skin crawl?
Either way, I am glad they are helping your hand. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for saying that, you have made me blush :rolleyes: Also thanks to @SaskiaKC. @DJC3 re interpretation of nightmares or any mental anguish the best psychiatrists seem to always blame the parents rightly or wrongly. Defo not going there.
Needed to be said. Now, pretend you are a pair of curtains and pull yourself together young 'un :angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: True Blue

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You sound very kingly!
I know you didn't pack your sling away with the harp and lyre but took it with you -- there are giants among the philistines, you know! ;)
Philistines, not on this thread surely.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher Thank you for posting your painting.
I wondered if you are the butterfly caught between the wolf and the raven, yet, being a butterfly, not trapped by either.
I wonder if the Chinese balls are to Popeye like fingernails on a chalkboard to some hearing people? Makes his skin crawl?
Either way, I am glad they are helping your hand. :)

A curious analogy @SaskiaKC

I hadn't seen that...

But you may be more right than you realise...
And you are right, being the butterfly I am not trapped...

Just tried the balls again, and Popeye is stopping me again. I think he needs some earmuffs...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

That book sounds an interesting read @DJC3
I will look it up...

Reactions: DJC3 and jjraak

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope your weekend has now begun! Have fun!
Yes thank you, job and knock today, all work prepped yesterday and fitted today, the boys worked like a well oiled machine, I think some were still well oiled from Friday night, it’s amazing how an early finish can focus the minds of even the best trained skivers. I didn’t even have time to eat my snap/crib/pack-up

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@OldButBold and @ianpspurs

h5C6D0541

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes thank you, job and knock today, all work prepped yesterday and fitted today, the boys worked like a well oiled machine, I think some were still well oiled from Friday night, it’s amazing how an early finish can focus the minds of even the best trained skivers. I didn’t even have time to eat my snap/crib/pack-up
I’m guessing the boys are young bccause thats when you get away with that lark. I used to go to a dance on a Thursday night till 2am get to bed by 3 and get up for work at 7.30 and probably went out again Friday night. But you dont want to know how many years ago that was ;) I cant stay awake beyond 10 these days.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I remember reading in a book long ago about people talking about "getting a good bait" -- getting a good meal.
Apparently "bait" is from an Old Norse word for "food" and is related to "bite."
Interesting, thanks for that

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah! Excellent, thank you, you are such a mine of information Saskia.
It makes sense, I think there are a lot of Norse derivative words in the north of UK
Tagging @dunelm too in case he doesn’t see your reply.
Thank you.