DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why an 8 month wait?
Chipping in here. I don't know what the reason is, but I do know it's quite common - on Amazon, at least. When a friend of mine was awaiting publication, it was on Amazon, to be reserved.

I also visited a Swedish online book site, and it is also available to reserve, but not buy, so it may not be just Amazon.

Others may know more, of course

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Em16

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! thanks for posting that video. I was having a little worry this morning, having just really started LCHF diet, that I might be missing out/eating too much fat etc. etc. ...so, although some of the science did go over my head, I understood sufficiently what was being said to recover confidence in this eating (the value of which is certainly borne out in my excellent blood glucose readings).

On that subject, I am still trying out what works and what may not.......so presumably if I get it wrong sometimes that is not too desperate? (eg re-trying porridge yesterday....which I do love with a passion and keep having disbelief that it could be bad for me....and seeing the spike again). My reading rose from a lovely 4.4 to 12.9 at 1 hour. I think I might have answered my own question !!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I might have answered my own question !!
Yep you sure have..!
I'm afraid it looks like bacon and eggs will be order of the day or maybe just coffee with cream for breakfast? Then again why is that "afraid" there.. it's more yummy anyway!

Em16

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep you sure have..!
I'm afraid it looks like bacon and eggs will be order of the day or maybe just coffee with cream for breakfast? Then again why is that "afraid" there.. it's more yummy anyway!

Em16

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes.....there are definite bonuses to this diet....not least greek yogurt, yum yum yum and everyone in the household delighted to wake up to bacon, eggs, mushroom.....:):)

pete254

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for posting @Indy51 that is a very interesting video. It succinctly sums up all the crucial information regarding low carb, hyperinsulinemia and blood glucose. I also found the white/brown fat discussion intriguing. Must get some more brown fat!

@Em16 don't give up on the porridge just yet. I get a 2 hour rise of 4+ if I eat it in the morning but in the evening it just causes a rise of 1.3 mmol. If you really like porridge like I do try it at a different time of day and test. Good luck.
As @bulkbiker says have bacon & egg for breakfast instead. This is what I do and I feel great on it.

Jam&Scones

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Diet only
New Bikman interview with Ivor Cummins:

Thanks for posting - hadn't heard of Ben before (I had come across Ivan before though and his CAC test...). Great video!

One thing he said really hit home for me; 'how many people have gone to the grave of a heartattack without even knowing they're diabetic?' I lost my father when he was barely 50 to a heartattack, his twin brother almost died of one and their sister has dementia. All diseases associated with diabetes. All have a sweet tooth. I cannot help but think that they all have/had high insulin and probably have no idea.

Now I am in my 30s with diabetes on a LCHF diet. I may have dodged a bullet.

(what I wouldn't give for an insulin meter though - that would be awesome. But I know the test is a little more involved as I have had it at the hospital before...)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing I have ever found online but I did speak to the guy who was meant to be developing it a year or so ago.
It has all gone a bit quiet since.

M

Member496333

This one should be great!

Peak Human podcast #68: Dr. Ben Bikman, Dr. Jaime Seeman, and Dr. Aseem Malhotra Give a Health Masterclass

"Now onto this awesome panel discussion! We covered a bunch of stuff including why is fat not bad, but actually good? Why are the Dietary guidelines wrong and what’s stopping mainstream adoption? Is sugar a drug? Why carbs are actually worse than protein/fat for health. Insulin, longevity, and if there are any downsides or myths about these types of diets?"

Web;
https://www.peak-human.com/post/dr-...d-dr-aseem-malhotra-give-a-health-masterclass

Apple;
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podca...sodeGuid=8a4deacc-0843-46ae-920c-3e42cdd755a3

Reactions: Indy51