Today’s carbs.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just a brief summary of all of the wonderfully delicious and health carbs and stuff I’ve consumed today.
Granola and set natural yogurt.
2 bananas ( usually have one )
A lovely tuna and tomato chutney sandwich on thick brown bread. ( no butter, far to fattening for me )
Sirloin steak and baked beans.
That’s it so far........

Feel free to post what you’ve eaten. It would be great to see other people’s choices . No questions, no advice and no judgement.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

I’m a bit boring in the carby party.
I’ve had a vegan shake - 500ml soy milk and organic probiotics. Unfortunately that spikes me steadily.
I’m about to make a fried king prawn kung po with rice and a side of water spinach. ( it’s called Ong Choi in Vietnam and the thai like to make it as “stir fried morning glory” with chilli)

Bassard

Breakfast - 110 grams tuna
Lunch - 4 slices of bacon, 2 eggs, all fried in 18ml of extra virgin olive oil.
Dinner - 450 gram ribeye steak, vegetables boiled and then fried off in 50 grams of full fat butter (Kerrygold)
100 grams greek yogurt, 50 grams raspberries and 50 grams double cream.

All done by 6pm and now fasting until 12pm (lunchtime tomorrow)

Reactions: Juicyj

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast - 45g jumbo oats, 60g raspberries, 18g butter made with 150ml unsweetened almond milk and a cup of coffee
Dinner - smoked Bavarian ham and mustard sandwich (2 slices Tesco medium wholemeal bread) and a McAllister's Dark Chocolate Ginger biscuit
Tea - last night was a smoked basa fillet, 150g boiled baby potatoes, 100g green beans and coated in a Dijon mustard dressing with a bar moser roth 85% chocolate, tonight was chicken breast, 150g boiled baby potatoes, 100g roasted brussel sprouts coated in a mayonnaise dressing and a square Lindt Excellence 90%
Plenty of water and coffee throughout the day too lol xx

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had one on Saturday with chicken and bacon

Yum, I hadn't had a jacket potato since diagnosis, always felt nah, too much bother working it all out but I am just coming to the end of a type 1 carb counting course and honestly, I am no longer scared of a baked spud or a carrot!! I think I had been reading too much negativity about all carbs (and I don't mean to diminish the choices of others because I know a diet only approach can be hard too and necessary for some). x

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast 6 spoonfuls of porridge, half cup of water, half cup of semi skimmed 40 g
Snack 2 biscuits 20 g
Lunch Home made veggie soup 20 g
Dinner smallish baked potato, 2 tins tuna 25 g, plus more home made soup 20 g
Snack 2 biscuits 20 g

That is pretty much my breakfast,and lunch Monday to Wednesday, Thursday will be a sarnie of sorts, Friday a couple of Greggs sausage rolls

For dinners, chicken or fish ommlette with veggies, spag bol maybe a steak or pork chops

Curry for dinner Saturday and finally veggie stir fry with noodles on Sunday

Think I need to mix it up a wee bit as been eating much the same for years now

Last edited:

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I started off well with Greek yoghurt and raspberries for b/fast, mini rice cakes mid morning and beef sandwich with one slice of pumpkin and sunflower bread followed by a low fat lemon yoghurt for lunch then my resolve deteriorated and I had half a mini panatone with my afternoon cuppa and have just had cold turkey, chutney, cheese, tomatoes and a dollop of mashed potato :woot::woot::woot:.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yum, I hadn't had a jacket potato since diagnosis, always felt nah, too much bother working it all out but I am just coming to the end of a type 1 carb counting course and honestly, I am no longer scared of a baked spud or a carrot!! I think I had been reading too much negativity about all carbs (and I don't mean to diminish the choices of others because I know a diet only approach can be hard too and necessary for some). x
I’m lucky in that I seem to be able to tolerate more carbs than many of the T2s on the forum and don’t have to inject like the T1s. However Scampi is still my nemesis and I don’t bother to eat it anymore - May try experimenting with it again one day though.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Last night's pizza came in at about 120g of carbs ...eventually. (A slight over-bolus meant 20g's worth of "pudding" around midnight as going to sleep on a 4.4 with some IOB wasn't my idea of a good idea.)

Today's carbs have been some oatcakes, raspberries, yogurt, 90% Lindt chocolate, a Nakd orange and cocoa bar. About 80g in total for today.

Last edited:

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Toast for breakfast
Spag bol and a brownie at lunch
Aubergine curry and french bread for dinner
And scone at tea time

Shocking amount of carbs looking at it written down !

Reactions: therower

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Toast for breakfast
Spag bol and a brownie at lunch
Aubergine curry and french bread for dinner
And scone at tea time

Shocking amount of carbs looking at it written down !
It’s not about amounts. Just a chance to say what you’ve enjoyed eating without any shame or guilt.
Aimed mainly at T1’s but others welcome as long as we have carbs on the menu.:)

Reactions: Mad76

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Breakfast: big bowl of gluten-free cereal - it'd be awesome if I could have a fry up, but I cant do a fry up in a minute so cereal it is.
Mid-morning snack - hard boiled egg (well its a long time between brekky at 6:30am and lunch at 1pm)
Lunch: sweet and sour chicken with rice, and a twirl for pudding
Dinner: a small gluten free mini pizza with a yogurt for pudding

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've done quite a carby day for me. Cereal for breakfast, half bacon baguette for 2nd breakfast and pasta for dinner. Slightly over did the insulin for pasta and needed emergency chocolate

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dexcom showing a downward trend after tonight’s walk.
A chunk of malt loaf ( winter spice special ) should hopefully keep me level throughout the night.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
@Circuspony . Just love emergency chocolate :). Tastes far better than non emergency chocolate.

I love chocolate, and chocolate knows how to love me!

I ate some dark chocolate with almond pieces followed up with double dipped dark chocolate covered espresso beans. I love that combo! But I’m almost out of the espresso beans :dead:

it was an emotional emergency chocolate fix

Reactions: therower

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had 3 big crackers for breakfast and a bowl of minestrone soup with a bread roll for tea. I'm going to have some greek yogurt with stewed plums in a minute.

Reactions: Robinredbreast