Reservoirs Minimed 640G North Yorkshire

hunnybunchie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m currently on holiday in North Yorkshire - Eggbourgh and I stupidly forgot reservoirs. Does anyone have 2reservoirs for Minimed 640G they could spare I have 2 type 1 daughters so I’d need 2 reservoirs before I’m home. I’ve called Medtronic and there is nothing they can do just now. We arrived Friday night.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Perhaps try ringing the diabetes centre at St James Hospital Leeds in the morning. They should point you in the right direction.

hunnybunchie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is that the closest kids hospital? Was calling hospital back home tomorrow was just trying to see if I could get sorted before :)

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you want to sort today, then I would ring 101 and ask for advice.

hunnybunchie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you want to sort today, then I would ring 101 and ask for advice.
There’s no need to call 101 I’m just trying to do a post that I’ve seen others do before and people have managed to help them out in the area. We have back up of pens I was just trying to see if could get some reservoirs so they didn’t need to go back to injections especially for the long drive home and since you don’t get pump supplies from chemist they get delivered to your door that’s why I’ve done this post.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello how long are you in North Yorkshire for? Unfortunately I’m not in that area, the best I can do is through the post.
I don’t know anyone in Yorkshire on a pump to tag. But a possible phone call to the nearest hospital to ask if they have spares or you can join Facebook groups to ask.

hunnybunchie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello how long are you in North Yorkshire for? Unfortunately I’m not in that area, the best I can do is through the post.
I don’t know anyone in Yorkshire on a pump to tag. But a possible phone call to the nearest hospital to ask if they have spares or you can join Facebook groups to ask.
Hello I’m here until Wednesday morning. Would that arrive in time? I can bank transfer you the money for postage.

hunnybunchie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would have asked someone back home to post our own reservoirs but I can’t because the boats are off due to the storm

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello I’m here until Wednesday morning. Would that arrive in time? I can bank transfer you the money for postage.

I can send it first class, it’ll arrive by Tuesday, unless you want next day guaranteed by 13:00 postage?

Reactions: Hopeful34

hunnybunchie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Okay could please you pm me where I am sending it to? Is 1.8ml reservoirs okay? Unfortunately I don’t have 3ml because I don’t use a lot of insulin.
I already have pm you with the address. Yes 1.8ml reservoirs is ok. Thank you

Dexta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Would’nt it be possible to refill their current reservoirs using the equivalent insulin pen? Just disconnect from the infusion set and inject the reservoir. I would never normally recommend doing this, but this is urgent and it should work.

hunnybunchie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I never actually thought of that. I suppose that could possibly work. I have reservoirs been sent to me now though so I’m sorted :)