GLUCOMEN AREO

VikingWulf

Hi . I am having real problems with my Glucomen Aero . It keeps coming up with eer2 and eer3 codes all the time . I am wasting so many strips doing this the machine has nearly ended up in the bin as it's not supposed to be stressful just taking a sample of blood . Has anyone had problems with this machine or the strips it uses . ?.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi . I am having real problems with my Glucomen Aero . It keeps coming up with eer2 and eer3 codes all the time . I am wasting so many strips doing this the machine has nearly ended up in the bin as it's not supposed to be stressful just taking a sample of blood . Has anyone had problems with this machine or the strips it uses . ?.

In a word, yes. I was switched to it against my will because it was cheaper and I estimate I wasted at least 1 strip a day....so 30 a month!

alanj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Er2 : test strip damaged or blood sample applied before the drop icon started on display

Er3: blood sample did not fill sample area of strip

Or take battery out it may reset it self.
I was given 3 all with problems

margamandan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi viking wulf, since i was issued mine, I have continually had problems with it. Ranging from, early on being unable to download the results to the app after 3 weeks of no problems, to strips regularly failing daily. I keep highlighting the issue, but am regularly told as its the unit that is now issued, to stick with it. I doubled my prescription of strips as a result.

I attached a picture of all the error codes

I most often have error 3 myself.

One thing I find is that sometimes it falls behind in time, like it had no battery for 2 hours or 3 hours? This can create erroneous graphs, in regards to glucose levels, but is most important when I'm driving.

Attachments

• _20200215_152607.JPG
    _20200215_152607.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 589

Route 66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I must be lucky as I have been using this one for about 9 months and I have only suffered an error code about three/four times unril quite recently when I dropped it. Rang the number in the booklet and they were very helpful sending a replacement at no cost.

It may be worth giving them a call to see if they can help.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Just call glucomen they will post you another meter

D

Deleted member 308541

Er2 : test strip damaged or blood sample applied before the drop icon started on display

Er3: blood sample did not fill sample area of strip
Hmmmm! Sounds like a user error more than the meter being at fault.

I have just changed meters. and where I used to gather the sample on the side of the strip on the old one I now have to siphon it up at the bottom.

I think I wasted two strips before I got into the new way of testing habit...

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
It's a bloodthirsty unit requiring 0.5uL of blood whereas it's predecessor the LX, required only 0.3uL and is very easy to use.

Glucomen sent me notification that the LX will no longer be supported and GP confirmed that they are handing out the Areo2 in my area.

Have also managed to blag a Contour Next One out of Ascensia and although it requires the same amount of blood as the Areo2, the Contour seems to give less errors. One great feature is that if there's not enough blood in the strip, you get the opportunity to top it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnEGreen

JPW1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes pretty regular - needs way more blood than my Accu-chek Aviva.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Yes pretty regular - needs way more blood than my Accu-chek Aviva.
Aviva need 0.6u if blood which is more

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My comments on this meter are similar. If you phone the company they will send you a replacement meter. Unfortunately that will go the same way.

At a recent appointment locally I was told they are looking for a replacement as there have been so many issues highlighted.

margamandan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'll call them tomorrow, thanks.

Glad to hear there might be a change coming too, hopefully it'll ripple through to my trust

alanj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just out of interest has anybody down loaded results to the app. I was ask test 4 times a day for 3 months, when looking at the results I found I was getting 3to4 figures for the same date with different years

margamandan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have dates on my meter for later this year, which will be interesting for my averages

I wasn't impressed in honesty. They updated the app since then, it seems more stable