BANNED

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I see some posts where the member is classified as BANNED yet they appear to be still active - what does this mean?

M

Member496333

Surely BANNED is shown under the user's avatar in all posts they have made, past or present? I don't think it discriminates whether or not the user had banned status on their account when any individual post was added to the forum.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your meaning.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe they were recently active and the BANNED label was added retrospectively to all their posts?
Pretty sure this is what happens. All past posts will show the BANNED (current) status, despite not being so at the time of posting. They won’t have been active since being banned as that’s contradictory.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do members get banned from here?? :eek:
Every forum probably bans some people - a lot of banned accounts will be spammers, scammers, fraudulent posts, threatening behaviour etc - we probably never even see most of posts that cause said accounts to be banned.

Reactions: Amanda61

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I see some posts where the member is classified as BANNED yet they appear to be still active - what does this mean?

Hi,

If you scroll down & look at the forum ethos rules from C1 to C18.
You may get an outline of why a member could possibly be "banned."
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/community-ethos-forum-rules.50278/

Posts will remain that have not infringed the rules.

But the reason for a member's endorsment or possible exclusion is strictly twix the member & Mod team.

Any member incurring this status, certainly won't be active in succession to the ban. Or for the duration until a temp ban Is lifted..

Hope this helps.

I thought everyone was pretty familiar on how this stuff works.. ;)

Reactions: urbanracer

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pretty sure this is what happens. All past posts will show the BANNED (current) status, despite not being so at the time of posting. They won’t have been active since being banned as that’s contradictory.
If you change your avatar picture, then that too gets retrospectively applied to all your dicplayed posts. It is showing current status, thats all. Same if you change your class say from T2 to T1 which can be confusing if reading an appareent T1D(now) posting as if a T2D on orals.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you change your avatar picture, then that too gets retrospectively applied to all your dicplayed posts. It is showing current status, thats all. Same if you change your class say from T2 to T1 which can be confusing if reading an appareent T1D(now) posting as if a T2D on orals.

The same goes with a forum user name change. However, that can only be done only by a forum administrator..

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Any member incurring this status, certainly won't be active in succession to the ban. Or for the duration until a temp ban Is lifted..

Hope this helps.

I thought everyone was pretty familiar on how this stuff works..

It was the retrospective part that fooled me. The person in question must have been banned due to a post on a different thread very soon after they made the last post on the thread I was reading, so they appeared to have made a post while banned.

I doubt whether most users will be as familiar with how this stuff works as a retired moderator.

Reactions: aylalake

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mr_Pot What is also interesting is the fact that a temporary ban, a week for instance, gets you branded as BANNED.
Get a lifetime ban and your avatar seems to list you as an active member.
I’ve queried this in the past but apparently it’s some sort of thingy, glitchy, what’s it.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Mr_Pot What is also interesting is the fact that a temporary ban, a week for instance, gets you branded as BANNED.
Get a lifetime ban and your avatar seems to list you as an active member.
I’ve queried this in the past but apparently it’s some sort of thingy, glitchy, what’s it.
It's very inconsistent, for example mo1905 shows as banned yet others with a lifetime ban don't.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was the retrospective part that fooled me. The person in question must have been banned due to a post on a different thread very soon after they made the last post on the thread I was reading, so they appeared to have made a post while banned.

I doubt whether most users will be as familiar with how this stuff works as a retired moderator.

It could also be down to the frequency & rate you refresh your browser.?
If a final post hasn't infacted the rules, it would most likely stand. Before the status of banned.

There are so many topics crop up on this subject.. Quite simple realy, if yer unsure? PM a member of the current moderator team.

This forum had a make over recently.. (Tried logging in myself & was told it was down due to maintenance.)

It may be worth emailing [email protected] ? They would no doubt welcome your feedback.