Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Pump being a potato, just like my potato bf so I’m running at 9.7 atm. I take it though because better than hypos. after a small correction, both meter and pump got it spot on - 5.1, thats my unicorn for the day

Reactions: SueJB

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got another issue with my GP, I got more vials instead of pen cartridges. I guess I’ll buy syringes?

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Pump being a potato, just like my potato bf so I’m running at 9.7 atm. I take it though because better than hypos. after a small correction, both meter and pump got it spot on - 5.1, thats my unicorn for the day
Potatoes gonna potate lol so hello fellow potato

9.7 isnt that bad, water keeps levels down too

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Reactions: hh1 and MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I still find insulin works best for me ;)

The NHS is amazing. I don't know where you get it is bad from?? We do not have to pay for anything with our type 1 diabetes

Ikr, my 5 vials of Fiasp is easily $2500 in the US

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone know if I can order more supplies? I have 1.5 weeks left of reservoirs and 1 weeks left of infusion sites. My hospital didn’t order me a 3 months supply.

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I still find insulin works best for me ;)

The NHS is amazing. I don't know where you get it is bad from?? We do not have to pay for anything with our type 1 diabetes

Insulin will always work best, but water adds a massive boost of control :)

As for the NHS I have a massive bone to pick with them, I won't go in to detail but being diabetic right now is partially their fault! LOL

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Well nvm, I cannot order anymore supplies

Why not??? You only have a few weeks supply left. I placed an order on Tuesday last week with well over a months supply left. Also ordered the Mio Advanced, which I now love :)

@Razzamuffin you know I am going to ask on why the NHS are partially responsible for your diagnosis.

Reactions: therower

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why not??? You only have a few weeks supply left. I placed an order on Tuesday last week with well over a months supply left. Also ordered the Mio Advanced, which I now love :)

@Razzamuffin you know I am going to ask on why the NHS are partially responsible for your diagnosis.
Its a really long story but here you go

Had a motorbike accident back in 2016, damaged my back, slipped disc, extreme pain, unable to walk. Doctors said I needed surgery this is after a year of pain and being unable to move, so another year later, im still in as much pain, unable to move work etc, they gave all kinds of pain killers but my weight went up, they said i couldn't have surgery, then another year roles on, they say i dont need it as have gotten stronger so im healing but painfully slow.

At this stage i have full depression because pain, have been able to move around more but not as much, crutches and everything.

This would have been avoided of I had surgery because the healing processes is literally a few weeks to a couple of months and its minor aswell!

But surgery had its risks, there was a 40% chance i would have been paryliased from waist down, i didnt care, i just wanted the pain gone.

Last year I got my **** wish and my pain went by itself, however I still have the condition because when ever i sit somewhere that's uncomfortable then sciatic pain comes back

Or if I over exert myself physically, pain comes back, but atleast i can walk...or so i thought

I got a new job but i was unaware the government changed apprenticeship wages, then i got deeper in debt, universal credit didn't stop so i had to come out of work, DWP saw that error now benefits been cut

Started gettin pain in my foot, doctors didnt do nothing about it, roll on to new years, im now a T1 Diabetic

See all of this could have been avoided if they had fixed my ****** leg or back which ever was causing sciatica

Now roll on Diabetes with its stupid complications, symptoms, have already been in DKA, I have just about endless headaches, and all the mental issues to go with it

I honestly feel like this Could have been avoided, i cant go back in to delivery work
Or any kind of driving career because diabetes and back pain which would flare up

The pain in my foot stops me from staying on my feet and most jobs are physical

The only thing i can do now is something at a desk which i need retraining for, throw in governments stupid austerity, it becomes impossible.

So Am now sitting at home waiting for pip

Initially i was happy right before being diabetic, I lost weight, 17 and a half stone only needed to lose 3 more to get to my goal.... And now its gone up

At this rate i dont even want to go to therapy I just want my retirement age right now at a ripe ol age of 27

Edited by moderator for language

Last edited by a moderator:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

3 months = until april, I counted all my reservoirs and thats 27 days so I’ll survive until March

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Its a really long story but here you go

Had a motorbike accident back in 2016, damaged my back, slipped disc, extreme pain, unable to walk. Doctors said I needed surgery this is after a year of pain and being unable to move, so another year later, im still in as much pain, unable to move work etc, they gave all kinds of pain killers but my weight went up, they said i couldn't have surgery, then another year roles on, they say i dont need it as have gotten stronger so im healing but painfully slow.

At this stage i have full depression because pain, have been able to move around more but not as much, crutches and everything.

This would have been avoided of I had surgery because the healing processes is literally a few weeks to a couple of months and its minor aswell!

But surgery had its risks, there was a 40% chance i would have been paryliased from waist down, i didnt care, i just wanted the pain gone.

Last year I got my **** wish and my pain went by itself, however I still have the condition because when ever i sit somewhere that's uncomfortable then sciatic pain comes back

Or if I over exert myself physically, pain comes back, but atleast i can walk...or so i thought

I got a new job but i was unaware the government changed apprenticeship wages, then i got deeper in debt, universal credit didn't stop so i had to come out of work, DWP saw that error now benefits been cut

Started gettin pain in my foot, doctors didnt do nothing about it, roll on to new years, im now a T1 Diabetic

See all of this could have been avoided if they had fixed my ****** leg or back which ever was causing sciatica

Now roll on Diabetes with its stupid complications, symptoms, have already been in DKA, I have just about endless headaches, and all the mental issues to go with it

I honestly feel like this Could have been avoided, i cant go back in to delivery work
Or any kind of driving career because diabetes and back pain which would flare up

The pain in my foot stops me from staying on my feet and most jobs are physical

The only thing i can do now is something at a desk which i need retraining for, throw in governments stupid austerity, it becomes impossible.

So Am now sitting at home waiting for pip

Initially i was happy right before being diabetic, I lost weight, 17 and a half stone only needed to lose 3 more to get to my goal.... And now its gone up

At this rate i dont even want to go to therapy I just want my retirement age right now at a ripe ol age of 27

The first 9 years of my journey into type 1, it wasn’t smooth. The insulin they prescribed me wasn’t work (2 injections a day), long waiting lists to get my mouth infections sorted to the point I was in pain everyday for 5 years. When I was at university, it wasn’t better, severe hypos and several ambulance call outs. But after that mess, I’m at a different hospital and I am getting the attention for my diabetes and mental health. So I don’t completely dislike nhs, I could have been dead because I was in the deep end of DKA and we don’t have to cough up an arm and a leg for insulin.

Quoted section edited by moderator in line to reflect previously edited post

Last edited by a moderator:

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The first 9 years of my journey into type 1, it wasn’t smooth. The insulin they prescribed me wasn’t work (2 injections a day), long waiting lists to get my mouth infections sorted to the point I was in pain everyday for 5 years. When I was at university, it wasn’t better, severe hypos and several ambulance call outs. But after that mess, I’m at a different hospital and I am getting the attention for my diabetes and mental health. So I don’t completely dislike nhs, I could have been dead because I was in the deep end of DKA and we don’t have to cough up an arm and a leg for insulin.

Funny thing is, My thirst kicked off from a tooth infection.... A tooth infection caused diabetes?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Funny thing is, My thirst kicked off from a tooth infection.... A tooth infection caused diabetes?

Possibly, it puts your body into overdrive to fight off the infection. There’s a few folks who had a flu and felt really unwell so it turns out type 1. I know I was very unwell prior to diabetes.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I live near Shepton Mallet,did you visit the Snowdrop festival?

I drove near to Shepton Mallet, both on the way down and on the way, but didn't go there at all. I had a pretty full few days where I was which had already been planned.