Today’s carbs.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Brekki - yogurt drink
Lunch- 2 crackers with cheese and onion topping, small pkt of cheese and onion crisps, a babybel cheese (just the one) a pear and a Morrisons splinter bar.
Dinner- to be announced, tbh I do not have any idea what though.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Rasps and yoghurt
Dextrose whilst swimming (a rare event, time to look at basal as keep going low)
Homemade seafood Paella, very large bowl! Preceded by a G&T and with half a bottle of red.
Stewed apple and Creme Fraiche
2 pieces 95%
Just contemplating if I want anything else.
And add on a couple of soft boiled eggs with a couple of bits whole meal toast and 3 homemade oat biscuits.

Last edited:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Beyond Meat Sausages
Potato Salad
Huge Salad topped with Fake Gardein Chicken Strips
Mixed Fruit

Reactions: therower

annliggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Rasps and yoghurt
Dextrose whilst swimming (a rare event, time to look at basal as keep going low)
Homemade seafood Paella, very large bowl! Preceded by a G&T and with half a bottle of red.
Stewed apple and Creme Fraiche
2 pieces 95%
Just contemplating if I want anything else.
And add on a couple of soft boiled eggs with a couple of bits whole meal toast and 3 homemade oat biscuits.
Please tell me about your Paella .... what rice you used , the recipe , your bolusing thanks its really stodgy in spain im worrying to try it

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @annliggins. Had a holiday in Tenerife in December and my friend and I picked up a leaflet at the complex we stayed at and used it as a starter for my recipe at home.
I worked it out and with 50gms of dry weight paella rice per portion and a mix of prawns, mussels, chorizo, haddock, chicken, red peppers peas and onions it produced a large bowl full at 55 carbs a bowl.
IMG_1583567401.490407.jpg

Reactions: Marie 2 and kev-w

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@becca59 Looks good but possibly a bit too carby even for me! That said I had chilli, with small amounts of rice and sweet potato fries for lunch yesterday and my BS behaved quite well - 8.9 after 11/2 hours, down to 7.2 after 21/2 hours and 6.4 after 3 so may give it a go!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
55 carbs is quite a lot for me in one meal. During the week my total carb count for the day may only be 40-50 as I usually only eat breakfast and lunch. However, I am all for letting myself go at the weekend and when on holiday, both food and alcohol wise. I have maintained virtually all the weight I lost 6 years ago and am the lowest I have been for 40 years and have an HBA1C of 46. If I couldn’t indulge occasionally I would personally give up. When eating this meal yesterday my Libre results didn’t show a rise above 6. I would defy a non diabetic to achieve this. Throw caution to the wind, experiment and live is my motto.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheese on toast mid morning.
4 jelly babies mid day pre gym.
Roast lamb ( shoulder ) , mashed potatoes, cauliflower, brussels and carrots.
That’s it so far.

Reactions: Marie 2

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
55 carbs is quite a lot for me in one meal. During the week my total carb count for the day may only be 40-50 as I usually only eat breakfast and lunch. However, I am all for letting myself go at the weekend and when on holiday, both food and alcohol wise. I have maintained virtually all the weight I lost 6 years ago and am the lowest I have been for 40 years and have an HBA1C of 46. If I couldn’t indulge occasionally I would personally give up. When eating this meal yesterday my Libre results didn’t show a rise above 6. I would defy a non diabetic to achieve this. Throw caution to the wind, experiment and live is my motto.
Quite agree with you - I average between 100 - 130 carbs per day and have managed to maintain my hba1c in the mid 30s for approx 7 years. I don’t tend to worry too much about what I eat but, for some reason, Scampi remains my nemesis so I don’t have it anymore or, if I do, only a couple of pieces. I always get worried though when my doctor decides to do an impromptu blood test, inc hba1c, 1 week after Xmas and 2 months after returning from a cruise - sure he does it on purpose!

Reactions: therower

annliggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @annliggins. Had a holiday in Tenerife in December and my friend and I picked up a leaflet at the complex we stayed at and used it as a starter for my recipe at home.
I worked it out and with 50gms of dry weight paella rice per portion and a mix of prawns, mussels, chorizo, haddock, chicken, red peppers peas and onions it produced a large bowl full at 55 carbs a bowl.
View attachment 39189
Thats really helpful for me thankyou ! I barely eat rice and split bolus ....how do you manage it ? Just curious every little bit helps ! X

Walking Girl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back to normal after a chaotic 5 days without power after tornados.

B: chia seed pudding topped with berries, walnuts and fresh ground flax seeds. Golden Latte (with tumeric)
S: handful of cherry tomatoes. I wasn’t hungry but they looked so good. :)
L: at a lovely restaurant. salad with lettuce, farro, zucchini, roasted broccoli, figs, marcona almonds and “country fried” tofu and a few other ingredients I may be forgetting. 1/2 Baked apple in cinnamon for dessert.
D: stir fry with lots of veggies, teriyaki sauce and quinoa fritter. Wedge of cantaloupe.

Last edited:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Coffee with soymilk this morning, stayed up later than normal last night!!!!

Vegan Lasagna
Apple Cinnamon Raisin Muffin
Huge Salad
Slice of Home Made Bread with Earth Balance Margarine

Reactions: kev-w

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@annliggins. I always split all my doses, as I find it works better. First dose 25 mins before eating and the other about an hour after finishing eating. As I eat mainly one meal around about 2ish it is useful for corrections before bed.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The usual breakfast and work food:).
Dinner has been a newbie.
Chicken tray bake with onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and mixed pulses. I’ve gone slightly low with the Novorapid, pulses quite often catch me out.

Reactions: Marie 2 and kev-w

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Yum Take out from a restaurant that has vegan choices
Lunch
Vegan Tacos
Guacamole and chips
Dinner
Vegan Tostado
Mixed Greens Salad

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have gone mad with the carbs today. It was grandson Tuesday so diet tends to go out of the window and I have lunch and tea rather than one meal in the middle of the day.
Rasps and yoghurt
Rest of Grandsons tea cake at Monkey Maze
Whole meal cream cheese bun with lots of salad
Orange
2 wholewheat cheese scones (made with grandson) tin of tomato soup
Bowl of oatmeal porridge.
Not done too bad on it, but just starting to creep up now so will take a unit before bed. Oh, and feeling stuffed!

Reactions: porl69 and Marie 2

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have gone mad with the carbs today. It was grandson Tuesday so diet tends to go out of the window and I have lunch and tea rather than one meal in the middle of the day.
Rasps and yoghurt
Rest of Grandsons tea cake at Monkey Maze
Whole meal cream cheese bun with lots of salad
Orange
2 wholewheat cheese scones (made with grandson) tin of tomato soup
Bowl of oatmeal porridge.
Not done too bad on it, but just starting to creep up now so will take a unit before bed. Oh, and feeling stuffed!
Wait you only need 1 unit of Insulin for that?

annliggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy as a ...well who cares!! Just happy
Tapas in a100 yr old bar in the spanish hills yesterday ..,PAELLA !!! .bondegas ..chicken ..homemade wine ...pork in saucy stuff ...insulin split dose 5 u then 3 all good result
Today same but more of it inc potatas bravos 6 u then 3 brave woman eh ? It was soooo good and soooo differant to my usual skinny rations of 10/ 20 carbs per meal...im going back tomorrow trust me !!!!! thankyou all for ideas and advice