Coronavirus. What’s it like?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi gals and guys.
Sorry I’m useless at posting links but you may find this interesting. A day to day account of a type 1 diabetic with Covid 19.
Google search.
leicestermercury.co.uk. Diary of a dad with coronavirus.

Reactions: Jules_Thorpe
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi gals and guys.
Sorry I’m useless at posting links but you may find this interesting. A day to day account of a type 1 diabetic with Covid 19.
Google search.
leicestermercury.co.uk. Diary of a dad with coronavirus.

I can't click onit and when I googled it couldn't be found, but I will try again a little later.
TIA :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great little post all..

makes a good point at end..get tested cos you got no symptoms.
get it full on
then no symptoms but no check to say it's gone..mmhh

i'd of liked a check to say GONE.

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Really useful account. Thank you for the joint effort in posting. @Jaylee, your link worked.

SugarBuzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
**** doctors. Airport travel.
"Some supermarkets refused to deliver when asked to leave the shopping by the door because of coronavirus."

Ideally he should have named them. See main Coronavirus thread for my related post.

Reactions: jjraak

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
"Some supermarkets refused to deliver when asked to leave the shopping by the door because of coronavirus."

Ideally he should have named them. See main Coronavirus thread for my related post.

SugarBuzz, there was a joint message sent by the Chief Execs of the UK supermarkets on Sunday/Monday, pledging their best efforts during this difficult time.

As I understand it, from talking with a neighbour who is "a cheese" in Ocado, that they and the other supermarkets not have all agreed a strategy for ensuring deliveries and hygiene for both customers and delivery persons.

Of course, it might be a little different to other times, but such is life.

SugarBuzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
**** doctors. Airport travel.
SugarBuzz, there was a joint message sent by the Chief Execs of the UK supermarkets on Sunday/Monday, pledging their best efforts during this difficult time.

As I understand it, from talking with a neighbour who is "a cheese" in Ocado, that they and the other supermarkets not have all agreed a strategy for ensuring deliveries and hygiene for both customers and delivery persons.

Of course, it might be a little different to other times, but such is life.

As I mentioned in the Coronavirus thread.

Morrisons have already sent correspondence with clear instructions on what they will do during the current situation. If requested they will leave any shopping outside [in bags] in a designated place and telephone you when it arrives.

But so far there has been no statement from Tesco (and they are not even responding to emails any more as they are 'busy'). Tesco also have different delivery protocols to Morrisons - i.e. - no bags with their delivery and also you are still expected to finger sign their electronic pad that the delivery driver holds.
So it's hardly a coordinated response. It's been very poor from Tesco (anyone would think they are run by Bojo the Clown :wacky:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*UPDATE* - Finally managed to get through to Tesco (just a 10 minute wait on the freephone number - not bad) - so I'll share the info here for all other interested parties: Apparently if you are self isolating. - You must put a note in the Drivers Notes on your online order AND put a note on your door.
The driver will leave the shopping on your doorstep and then knock on the door and ask if you are okay with the order. If you say yes, the driver will then 'sign' the electronic pad on your behalf.
They are also going back to using plastic bags during this time.

I don't know why they haven't just sent this info out in a customer email :confused: As I wonder how many people that are keeping their phone line under pressure are asking similar things to me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to decontaminate the outside of your door, and wash all your items of course. #STAYSAFE :yuck:

I can't speak for any other supermarkets as Morrisons and Tesco are the only 2 I've used.

Of course any 'non chain supermarkets' that outsource their deliveries will leave your stuff wherever you want - the same as if it was a package from a delivery company - Holland and Barret, Amazon etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: kev-w

Mikesee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Would have loved to have seen daily blood glucose levels from this poor chap.Havent seen any figures at all as to how this awful virus may effect bg levels.I suffer a lot of chest infections and always know when I need to get some anti biotics in me ASAP when bg levels go above 10+.Anyone seen any stories or links to Covid-19 sufferers and bg levels please?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There's a few of us on the forum who found their BGs stayed OK. This is a weird virus. Have a look at a thread called Beaten the virus. Sorry as a T2 not on insulin I didn't bother checking mine as there wasn't anything I could do about them anyway.

Mikesee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There's a few of us on the forum who found their BGs stayed OK. This is a weird virus. Have a look at a thread called Beaten the virus. Sorry as a T2 not on insulin I didn't bother checking mine as there wasn't anything I could do about them anyway.
Thanks for the heads up,found that thread a very informative one.