Social isolation and social distancing

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
just seen a news report on TV that the WHO have just put out that garlic is bacteriocidal so may be of some benefit. I am sure that a large dose of garlic will assist the social isolation and social distancing aspect if nothing else.:eek:
It certainly seems to ward off vampires, I haven't even seen one.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
just seen a news report on TV that the WHO have just put out that garlic is bacteriocidal so may be of some benefit. I am sure that a large dose of garlic will assist the social isolation and social distancing aspect if nothing else.:eek:
8EF19458-814C-490E-A33C-5F4763A946BC.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
Surely there is no problem going for a quick ride into the mountains and having a walk along a footpath, as long as we keep 2 metres away from any other walkers.
D.

speccybecky

Advice is not very clear. Boris said ‘diabetes is one of the high risk categories’ and to self isolate. Doesn’t say what type or is it both? I am type 2 ,diagnosed a year ago, otherwise well. Should I be self isolating and telling work I won’t be in?

Reactions: kentgirl

xenomorph2020

Maybe speak to the dentist, I’m sure they will be taking the necessary precautions

yeah i spoke to them and they said they are going by the dentist associations advice and cleaning more often and letting patients know to wash hands after arriving into the clinic.
so they got that covered but its worry of going on tube! even though its not during rush hour.

Reactions: zand and jjraak

speccybecky

yeah i spoke to them and they said they are going by the dentist associations advice and cleaning more often and letting patients know to wash hands after arriving into the clinic.
so they got that covered but its worry of going on tube! even though its not during rush hour.
Yes, I can see that. I’m in Scotland and, so far, it s not quite so rife.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

I was directed towards these models showing how the virus spreads if we carry on as usual against how it spreads if some of us self isolate and we reduce our interactions with others. I was watching a video made by a doctor who does not want to make a choice as to who gets to use the limited number of ventilators we have in the UK. I think those involved in engineering will realise that you don't just start manufacturing medical equipment, or at least that's what I'm told by my engineering friends.

It can take 2 to 14 days before symptoms show themselves so my message to anyone who thinks they shouldn't take medical advise for any reason, please take medical advise now.

Like everyone else I have to shop, there's a limit to how much the supermarkets can deliver especially as some of us have already bought all the bread, rice, pasta, toilet rolls and toothpaste (yes toothpaste). At least the carby stuff wouldn't be top of my shopping list anyway. The only thing I can do is go at 07:00. Luckily it's quiet, I don't have to touch any buttons and I don't get too close to the checkout lady. I come straight home and wash, wash, wash, well shower actually. It's the best I can do.

Am I too cautious? Are there degrees of caution? Please take this thing seriously and think of others, not just yourself.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can vampires carry the virus
Carol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Trafalgar Square in London is eerily quiet, The Birdcage pub is open, but, no visitors.........

Roads very quiet this morning where I live, in the town and the countryside too.

Dry weather for the weekend with sun too, but a little chillier.

The Eurovision song contest in Rotterdam, is now cancelled.

Reactions: jjraak

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I had to drive to a local camp site this morning to get a refill for our calor gas heater our only heating at the moment work starting next week to fit new boiler hopefully I did notice several motor homes and caravans were occupied and one came in while we were there and I thought how ideal for self isolation a caravan or motor home in the middle of a field. Almost made me feel nostalgic for when I last had one.

Reactions: Robbity

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is happening in Wales at the moment, and the NHS there is in a flat spin over how this could stretch their resources, Cardiff hospital only has 11 ICU beds and they are already queueing up with sick natives. Its a Postcode lottery, a game of monster whack-a-mole. It only needs one or two travellers to be carrying and then it falls apart,

Edit to add: I would not want to be self isolating in a field when suffering medically. It would not help the hallucinations at all. We need our support systems to be close by at least.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
A 73yr old friend of ours has an asthmatic husband, but she insists on going out shopping almost every day. Her only fear is 'They might post a policeman outside my door to prevent me breaking quarantine' .

Strange - until now she seemed like a reasonably intelligent person. Perhaps she is still accepting as fact, all that stuff that Doctors told her back in January.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I'm starting to wonder if this virus is affecting people brains as the world seems to have gone mad.

Reactions: Robbity