How do you change to another type 2 forum

Amberleigh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Is there a type 2 diabetic forum here not on insulin, as I only get the option of the one for those who take insulin. I cannot work out how to get any other option? Can anyone help please?

Reactions: Chatterbox

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Amberleigh , although we have a sub-forum for those living with T2 and using insulin, I would suggest, the majority of our T2 members manage their diabetes in different ways.

Anyone can post anywhere on the forum, provided they comply with the forum rules, which are mainly about tolerance, respect and safety.

If you could explain in a little more depth what concerns you, then we'll try to direct you accordingly.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I think it's a question of how does she get to the forum for T2's who are not insulin dependent and right now I can't find the link to help out!

Reactions: Chatterbox

Chatterbox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Feeling hungry! “Should you be eating that?” “ You get it because you eat wrong”
Me too! I couldn’t find it and am very frustrated.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
The fifth one is all about finding your own content.
I think the question is .... where is the forum for t2's .... that's as in T2's who are not insulin dependant.
Where is it/
Could Dcuck make a post in it so it then appears in latest posts making it easy for T2's who don't use insulin .... to see?
I think I've got that right.
As for the fifth video the OP won't have made any posts to find in the thread she's asking about because she can't find the thread she's talking about.
The original question is ....... Is there a type 2 diabetic forum here not on insulin? (for people not on insulin)
No questions about where and how do I find my own posts

Reactions: Amberleigh

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I think the question is .... where is the forum for t2's .... that's as in T2's who are not insulin dependant.
Where is it/
I still don't think I understand the question.
Here's the list of forums https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/ but none of them are especially dedicated to T2's on insulin. On the other hand, I think the majority of our active members are T2's not on insulin so most threads are from that perspective.
Is there a type 2 diabetic forum here not on insulin, as I only get the option of the one for those who take insulin.
@Amberleigh , could you tell us a bit more about what you are looking for? Where do you get those options for different forums?

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I still don't think I understand the question.
Here's the list of forums https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/ but none of them are especially dedicated to T2's on insulin. On the other hand, I think the majority of our active members are T2's not on insulin so most threads are from that perspective.

@Amberleigh , could you tell us a bit more about what you are looking for? Where do you get those options for different forums?[/QUOTE]

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
This is available in Dibetes disscussions but there doesn't seem to be one for T2 not on insulin which I would think is the majority of T2's.

TSINSULIN.JPG

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
This is available in Dibetes disscussions but there doesn't seem to be one for T2 not on insulin which I would think is the majority of T2's.

View attachment 39809
I think that one is the only thread for T2s on insulin. I would think it was set up because the rest of the T2 threads are for all T2s irrespective of how we are managing our diabetes.

As a T2 previously on insulin I can confirm that a specific thread just for us is really helpful because managing T2 on insulin is quite tricky.

As a T2 not on insulin anymore I don't need a special thread anymore because all the other T2 threads cater for T2s not on insulin.

Reactions: Amberleigh

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

View attachment 39809
Like Krystyna says, most threads on the T2 diabetes part of the forum are by T2's not on insulin.

Amberleigh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Maybe I just was confused, I wasn’t sure if I can write anything on the T2 forum part, as it said it’s for T2s who are on insulin. I’m not on insulin, so I wondered if there was a T2 section for those who aren’t. Does that make sense? Apologies for any confusion.

I didn’t want to comment or ask questions in the wrong part of the forum.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn’t want to comment or ask questions in the wrong part of the forum.
Don't worry about it, really most threads are by T2's not on insulin and many threads get reactions from a mixed bunch of people. And should it happen you post something in the 'wrong' place, people are always happy to help you out :)