Type 2 in remission

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In most cases. At least it still gives us access to foot and eye checks.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When your type 2 goes into remission are you still counted as diabetic?
I have had a non diabetic Hba1c for approx 7 years but my Diabetic Nurse classes me as being well controlled as opposed to being in remission - which is what I class myself as.

Koalajane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have had a non diabetic Hba1c for approx 7 years but my Diabetic Nurse classes me as being well controlled as opposed to being in remission - which is what I class myself as.

So you are a well controlled diabetic

D

Deleted member 308541

So you are a well controlled diabetic
I am a well controlled T2 as well, and I have been off Metformin for over a year.

I still get blood tests ever three months, eye testing once a year, and I also get five visits to a podiatrist a year.

T2 diabetes does not disappear, it lies out of sight waiting for a trigger if you relapse on what you eat and start eating a lot of carbs again.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm another well controlled T2 by my own and by my GP's definitions. I've kept to low pre-diabetic levels for six years now, but I believe what triggered my diabetes in the first place is still lurking about so if in the unlikely event I were to ever start scoffing too many carbs again I'd also expect to see diabetic glucose levels again.... I still get my diabetic checkups but HbA1C less frequently than before.