Dodgy Meter

Martinjd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi All
I’ve had my code free meter a few years now and have los confidence in it, recently I tested as I woke and the reading was 7.3, I was surprised so tried again and got a reading of 5.1 then tried once more which was 6.6.
Is it time I got a new meter as the test strips are quite new?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I changed to the Tee2 from Spirit healthcare after my SD Codefree started to give unfeasibly high readings.
Strips are a tiny bit more expensive but the readings are far more in line with my HbA1c results.

https://shop.spirit-health.co.uk/collections/tee2
Edit to add.. if you call them up and order a bunch of strips they often chuck in the meter for free (or so other forum members have found)

Reactions: Martinjd

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Also remember that tests are only ever within 15% of actual values, so numbers within seconds can vary. Though that variance may be a bit higher than it should be (basing my maths on the middle point of 7.3 and 5.1)

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Hi All
I’ve had my code free meter a few years now and have los confidence in it, recently I tested as I woke and the reading was 7.3, I was surprised so tried again and got a reading of 5.1 then tried once more which was 6.6.
Is it time I got a new meter as the test strips are quite new?

Did you clean your hands first if so what with??

Meters are very prone to contamination

Even so. All 3 readings are acceptable and I would be happy to accept any of them first thing in the morning

You say you tried again.. how long between each test?? Same finger? Same hand?

So many things can give you varied numbers