Beaten the Virus

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Only just seen this post! Well done!
How are you now?

I seem to be on the mend, sleep is good and temp, bg etc all ok. Cough is still there but I expect it to hang around, and I still get tired mid-afternoon. Otherwise, I'm good :)

How are you doing?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I seem to be on the mend, sleep is good and temp, bg etc all ok. Cough is still there but I expect it to hang around, and I still get tired mid-afternoon. Otherwise, I'm good :)

How are you doing?

I'm much better. Did a little housework today. Still have a slight dry cough but nothing much really. The worst thing about the cough is that it reminds me how ill I was when the virus was at its worst. Still tired, but mostly mid afternoon like you. Slept through last night. I'm glad you are managing to sleep too.

I had a phone call from a young medic who had it. He said he is still tired.

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm much better. Did a little housework today. Still have a slight dry cough but nothing much really. The worst thing about the cough is that it reminds me how ill I was when the virus was at its worst. Still tired, but mostly mid afternoon like you. Slept through last night. I'm glad you are managing to sleep too.

I had a phone call from a young medic who had it. He said he is still tired.

Glad you're faring well, I guess we just roll with the punches now :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Just had a video chat with my grandson he's fine now I am going to fetch him home on
Friday.

Reactions: VashtiB

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you're faring well, I guess we just roll with the punches now :)
Good morning. How's things?

Today is the first day when I feel I can say I am well. So rather than day 37 I will call it day 1. Now I need to get back to 'just' being T2 and daring to check my bloods.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning. How's things?

Today is the first day when I feel I can say I am well. So rather than day 37 I will call it day 1. Now I need to get back to 'just' being T2 and daring to check my bloods.

I'm good thanks and hopefully reaching towards your goal. Be nice getting back to a 'relative' normal. I'm taking a bit of a hiatus from the forum to focus on other things. Be back in a while, so take care and congrats on Day 1 :)

Reactions: Daphne917 and zand

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I know he's not diabetic like Teresa May but I'm thankful PM Johnson is getting better. There's hope for us all and our family/friends. Neighbours in bungalows or in the 4 bedroom houses alike.
We are ALL definately in it together.

Saw tonight the only benefit to the north/south divide on gov deaths from nhs data mapping. I'm very very lucky I returned to my home town which seems at less risk than London. For now.

Kellis

I am type 1 female, adult onset about 9 years ago, now in my 40’s.
I’ve started to have a slight tickly cough today so I’m alert to the possibility this might be Coronavirus. I’ve not been going out much anyway, just for groceries, but am now isolating due to the new cough.
My temperature is normal at 36.2, and my current blood sugar is 7 which I’m happy with.
I’m comforted by the information I’ve found on this forum about people’s journeys with the virus. It’s reassuring to hear about people with diabetes beating it. Makes me feel less stressed about whether I have it :happy:
Interesting to hear that it doesn’t spike the sugar levels too.

Max68

Glad I found this thread and good to see those on the mend. I'm a tad concerned, although I was last night. Literally between watching two programmes on You Tube I suddenly developed almost like a tickly spasm at the back of my throat which gave way to a constant coughing fit. The spasm continued and I became so hot, probably because I was coughing so much. Literally one minute fine, next minute this spasm wouldn't go away. Went to bed and slept like a baby. Woke up this morning and seem to be ok bar when brushing my teeth the peppermint seemed really cool and prominent in that area of my throat but no real coughing so far. Intriguing especially since I haven't gone further than my driveway for three weeks so the only way of infection would have been airborne outside or off food packaging or food that I have had delivered and being so paranoid I have been washing the food packaging!!!

Reactions: zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My sore throat came on very suddenly. At around the same time it felt like I had glass in my eyes for around 24 hours. I gargled with salt water as I normally do with sore throats and bathed the eyes with Optrex. Not sure either did any good but I felt I needed to do something!

Sounds like it could be the virus. Let us know how you are in a couple of days maybe? I saw an article this morning that said that scientists now believe the virus stays in the air for longer than first thought and also that it travels more than 2 metres.

Max68

My sore throat came on very suddenly. At around the same time it felt like I had glass in my eyes for around 24 hours. I gargled with salt water as I normally do with sore throats and bathed the eyes with Optrex. Not sure either did any good but I felt I needed to do something!

Sounds like it could be the virus. Let us know how you are in a couple of days maybe? I saw an article this morning that said that scientists now believe the virus stays in the air for longer than first thought and also that it travels more than 2 metres.

Glad you are recovering that's great to hear. Yeah I'll keep you up to speed. Must confess a few weeks ago I didn't feel that great with terrible restless legs and being hot at night but came off some new meds and was fine so it can't have been that. Would be a frightening thought if it is that airborne as I've kept my distance to next doors kids when they are out front and stepped well back when a neighbour drops food on my door step. food packaging is an interesting one though.

Kellis

I feel fine this morning, my temperature is 36.9 so it’s gone up a bit but still well within normal. Cough not much in evidence. Keeping a watching brief!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
@zand don't know about how @JonBoy1199 is feeling right now but my grandson is still feeling pretty low.
And he is stuck on his own in Lincoln in the student accommodation all the staff have gone most of the other students have gone the University is pretty well shut down so I worry depression especially after a viral infection like that can really get to you.
There may be some support for students still on campus, I know that my daughter was contacting all her tuttees and the students on her course to make sure they were ok. Could your grandson maybe set up a WhatsApp or zoom link with his friends, and one with his family? Maybe he’s already done this. I feel for him left on an empty campus

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Fairygodmother thanks for your post but I fetched him home this morning as every thing Uni related is on line at the moment he can do that from here and as it's almost 100% certain from his symptoms that he has had the virus and recovered he is reasonably safe to be home now.

Edit to add we had been chatting via whats-app on occasion and with my son who was confined to his room down in Oxford but he has been able to go out again from today.

Last edited:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Fairygodmother thanks for your post but I fetched him home this morning as every thing Uni related is on line at the moment he can do that from here and as it's almost 100% certain from his symptoms that he has had the virus and recovered he is reasonably safe to be home now.

Edit to add we had been chatting via whats-app on occasion and with my son who was confined to his room down in Oxford but he has been able to go out again from today.
Oh that's good news about your son too. Really pleased for you and so glad your grandson is home and well.