Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
Hi
Ive been T2 for just over 2 years now and have been getting non diabetic HbA1c readings after 6 months since diagnosis .
for the last few days my levels are a bit higher than normal .i would normally be about 5.2 to 5.6 fasting in the mornings and then dropping to about 5.2 after a couple of hours . this morning i was 5.8 after hardly any carbs yesterday a few coffees with milk ,steak and mushrooms and peppers for dinner and 3 glasses of red wine. Got up had breakfast 2eggs 2 bacon coffee with ff milk and went for a 6k walk came in and tested and my bloods were 6.5 . a bit confused because normally after a long walk my bloods will go down to about 5.1 .any ideas anyone

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
Ive been T2 for just over 2 years now and have been getting non diabetic HbA1c readings after 6 months since diagnosis .
for the last few days my levels are a bit higher than normal .i would normally be about 5.2 to 5.6 fasting in the mornings and then dropping to about 5.2 after a couple of hours . this morning i was 5.8 after hardly any carbs yesterday a few coffees with milk ,steak and mushrooms and peppers for dinner and 3 glasses of red wine. Got up had breakfast 2eggs 2 bacon coffee with ff milk and went for a 6k walk came in and tested and my bloods were 6.5 . a bit confused because normally after a long walk my bloods will go down to about 5.1 .any ideas anyone

Is this a single incident, or has this been happening for a few days/weeks or whatever?

If it is an isolated incident,, I'd wonder if, for some reason, your liver dumped a bit of glucose into your system? What happened a while after the 6.5? Did you test again, after, say, an hour?

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Is this a single incident, or has this been happening for a few days/weeks or whatever?

If it is an isolated incident,, I'd wonder if, for some reason, your liver dumped a bit of glucose into your system? What happened a while after the 6.5? Did you test again, after, say, an hour?

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Thanks for the response.
Tested about 3 hrs later and it was 5.6 . Just wondering if it was the wine . I’ve been drinking more lately since the lockdown . Or the fact that I’ve started using milk in my coffee instead of double cream as my cholesterol was very high the last time and I was using quite a lot of it .

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the response.
Tested about 3 hrs later and it was 5.6 . Just wondering if it was the wine . I’ve been drinking more lately since the lockdown . Or the fact that I’ve started using milk in my coffee instead of double cream as my cholesterol was very high the last time and I was using quite a lot of it .

You could try swapping back to cream for a while and see what happens. Alternatively, you could drop the vino back a bit, but I'd only ever change one thing at a time, else, if it does make things change you wouldn't know which caused it.

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The cream is not an option cholesterol at 8.6 . Think I’ll just see how it goes over maybe a week . Could be a glitch . Waking up about 2 hrs later than usual as well so could be DP . Thanks for the advice bud .