1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

higher readings

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Peadair O Brionn, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Peadair O Brionn

Peadair O Brionn Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi
    Ive been T2 for just over 2 years now and have been getting non diabetic HbA1c readings after 6 months since diagnosis .
    for the last few days my levels are a bit higher than normal .i would normally be about 5.2 to 5.6 fasting in the mornings and then dropping to about 5.2 after a couple of hours . this morning i was 5.8 after hardly any carbs yesterday a few coffees with milk ,steak and mushrooms and peppers for dinner and 3 glasses of red wine. Got up had breakfast 2eggs 2 bacon coffee with ff milk and went for a 6k walk came in and tested and my bloods were 6.5 . a bit confused because normally after a long walk my bloods will go down to about 5.1 .any ideas anyone

2. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Is this a single incident, or has this been happening for a few days/weeks or whatever?

If it is an isolated incident,, I'd wonder if, for some reason, your liver dumped a bit of glucose into your system? What happened a while after the 6.5? Did you test again, after, say, an hour?

3. Peadair O Brionn

4. Peadair O Brionn

Thanks for the response.
    Tested about 3 hrs later and it was 5.6 . Just wondering if it was the wine . I’ve been drinking more lately since the lockdown . Or the fact that I’ve started using milk in my coffee instead of double cream as my cholesterol was very high the last time and I was using quite a lot of it .

5. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

You could try swapping back to cream for a while and see what happens. Alternatively, you could drop the vino back a bit, but I'd only ever change one thing at a time, else, if it does make things change you wouldn't know which caused it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Peadair O Brionn

The cream is not an option cholesterol at 8.6 . Think I’ll just see how it goes over maybe a week . Could be a glitch . Waking up about 2 hrs later than usual as well so could be DP . Thanks for the advice bud .

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook