What do you do during isolation?

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Have you seen Ms Fisher's Modern Murder Mysteries with Peregrine Fisher Phryne's neice.

Edit to add @Brunneria Another series I like is Frankie Drake Mysteries set in 1920s Toronto a female private detective and a bit similar to Miss Fisher

I think the Frankie Drake Mysteries are produced by the same producers of the Murdoch Mysteries.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I had never even heard of the Murdoch Mysteries before this thread.
Watched 2 last night. Curious to see where it goes.

Oh you'll love it, it's great, keep watching. And even if you hate it, just keep watching and you'll love it!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I recorded all the series of Gavin & Stacey after the Christmas special and never got round to watching it. I'm about half way through the second series and loving it but starting to ration myself to one a day. I can't understand why I've never bothered with it before. Brilliant scripts, brilliantly acted.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I believe the writer of the Bosch series is isolating because of covid so he spending the time writing the next series. it's an ill wind they do say.

Reactions: SaskiaKC
D

Deleted member 308541

I cleaned all of our ceiling fans yesterday as they had six months worth of dirt and smoke particles on them, they are pushing out a lot of coolness now.

Here's the one above my chair in the office... :D

cGYhV8G.jpg

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Been training this little guy.
IMG_6832.jpg

Also tore apart my old motorcycle to give it a more updated look.
Going from this.

IMG_6228.jpg

To this.
IMG_6867.jpg

IMG_6894.jpg

IMG_6908.jpg

I picked up an ultrasonic cleaner so the work isn’t too labour intensive. Keeps me busy in the evenings. I still work during the day so I’m not getting too stir crazy yet.

David_A_Hughes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Gardening (something I normally dislike doing)
The Gribbin; Passing Storm.jpg

Indoor cycling - 20 to 30 miles (most) days, without leaving my shed.
Painting - oil on board, paper, canvas
Reading - even more than I already did
Communicating with my extended family a lot more than I did - Skype, Zoom, WhatsApp, etc - Family quizzes in the main.
Using my limited DIY skills to make things, usually out of scrap bits and pieces. Yesterday a bird box and a 'bug-hotel' (a real five star one at that!)

Norfolkmell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tattoos, carers calling me lovey or duckie when I've only just met them
So many hugs for you! We lost our last dog suddenly too, some sort of liver disease that suddenly went haywire. it was such a shock as she was only 7 and terriers are meant to live forever! I really feel for you especially with the house move stalled too. We are in a similar situation, not quite as far along as you - we’ve exchanged but no moving date and none expected anytime soon. I’m not surprised you are off the wagon, but please take care and be kind to yourself. Have you tried mindfulness? Lots of things of YouTube. Just a thought, might give your brain a little time out.
Thank you DJC3, Lots people don’t understand how much a strain losing a furbaby causes. 8 weeks today. However we heard on Monday that we get the keys on the 1st of May! Today it sank in that we are actually going to move at last, the removal man is happy to move us. I can’t find anything that says if your shielded you shouldn’t move so we are. My biggest worry is changing GP and being stopped by police on the journey to the seaside, only 12 miles, but my beloved will have to do it more than once.
I’m still off the wagon but only hanging half out Once we are actually there I will be knuckling down and being strict.

PCS1949

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Honestly nothing much different to normal. Obviously I'm trying to observe social distancing where possible, but I'm definitely not house bound. In fact I'm probably doing more walking in the countryside than ever.

Not to make light of the situation, but I'm actually quite enjoying the peace and quiet everywhere :cool:

Absolutely! Love it. Heard the first cuckoo today. Always seems to be 23rd April.

Max68

@David_A_Hughes

I'm impressed with your mileage on the indoor bike, I only manage to do 4 miles a night and that's my knee done even on the low setting!! Better than nothing I guess and am trying to up in each week. Went for a walk for the first time yesterday and was more like evading capture as you have to keep crossing the road, weaving and bobbing along trying to avoid people!!

Been back at work online with the school this week and the poor teacher did the same online quiz on zoom for four days (obviously for different classes), and same again tomorrow! I keep my cam off and do a bit of googling whilst the lesson is going on or I'd fall asleep!

Watch a few documentaries on You Tube and have really enjoyed "Shackleton's Captain" and "Sir Edmund Hillary - The Race for Everest" both fascinating, especially the Shackleton one is quite unbelievable. Well worth a watch.
Anything on TV with crowds is a bit odd!!

Reactions: Tophat1900
D

Deleted member 308541

We finished watching the Money Heist on Netflix, a big cliff hanger ending so now eager to watch season 5 and 6 when it is released (Covid 19 has halted filming in Spain).

Off to the podiatrist for a feet check up and my toenails trimmed this morning, will get some money out of the ATM at the shopping centre while we are that way.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well here' the stones with their latest says it all really.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have my camera all cleaned up and sorted my lenses and filters trouble is there's only so much I can photograph in and from the back yard.

Going to give my ukulele a try again tomorrow it's that chord of E Major that keeps messing me up for some reason.

Reactions: hankjam