What time

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Anywhere between 7 PM and 3 AM. Same as before diabetes really, depends on when I feel like eating.

Can you tell us some more on why you ask? A lot depends on what your treatment looks like.
For me, I inject for the carbs I eat, be it meal or snack, regardless of the time of day. Although I choose lower carb options before bed to minimise risks of dosing mistakes. After all, I can't correct when I'm asleep and I don't want to go hypo in the night or spend the whole night being high.

Reactions: Carl W

Carl W

Anywhere between 7 PM and 3 AM. Same as before diabetes really, depends on when I feel like eating.

Can you tell us some more on why you ask? A lot depends on what your treatment looks like.
For me, I inject for the carbs I eat, be it meal or snack, regardless of the time of day. Although I choose lower carb options before bed to minimise risks of dosing mistakes. After all, I can't correct when I'm asleep and I don't want to go hypo in the night or spend the whole night being high.

Well at the moment, I’m still taking gliclazide for my diabetes, and also atorvastatin, been taking them both for the past year or so now, I may be one of the “lucky” ones and may never need insulin for another year or could be longer or less, but I will be needing it at some point (according to the endocrinologist) was just wondering when everyone had their last meal/snack your body produces more LDL at night, and if everyone still eats what they want.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, as long as it is low carb, healthy fat food with plenty of meat...
@Carl W , please be aware that Tipetoo is a diet controlled T2. While his advice may be useful, he has a different condition than you have.
It may also be helpful if you filled out your profile with type of diabetes and medication. Your type of diabetes will show up under your picture on every thread. To see your medications people will have to open your profile, so there may still be confusion because people will assume your on insulin but not as much risk of confusion as without any information.

I appreciate you posted in the LADA sub-section but we often overlook what section we're in when checking recent posts.

was just wondering when everyone had their last meal/snack your body produces more LDL at night, and if everyone still eats what they want.
Do you know the results of your lipids tests? Many of us aren't particularly worried by them, unless our figures are very high.

Reactions: Carl W

Lucylemonpip

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We have usually finished our main meal by 6:15pm, but anytime up until 8pm, will have our dessert of double cream, sugar-free jelly, with a few pieces of chopped apple and pear. Then after that, will have one or two cups of tea and water, until bedtime. I’m a T2, so luckily, don’t have to worry about getting through the night.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I usually eat early between 5 pm and 6 pm so that I can run at 9 pm without any FA insulin onboard.

Carl W

@Carl W , please be aware that Tipetoo is a diet controlled T2. While his advice may be useful, he has a different condition than you have.
It may also be helpful if you filled out your profile with type of diabetes and medication. Your type of diabetes will show up under your picture on every thread. To see your medications people will have to open your profile, so there may still be confusion because people will assume your on insulin but not as much risk of confusion as without any information.

I appreciate you posted in the LADA sub-section but we often overlook what section we're in when checking recent posts.

Do you know the results of your lipids tests? Many of us aren't particularly worried by them, unless our figures are very high.

A what test?

Reactions: Antje77