Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Industrious day today. Been going round the property grouting patios & pathing. Fixing a couple of dodgy loose slabs on the top path as I go...

Got a message from my sister comprising of my 13yo niece hammering out the rythm to "Smoke on the water" on kitchen table setup comprising of cans & bottles. Using what looks like a bit of MDF as a kick drum. (Which sounded nicely compressed.)

Bloods, like the weather. Looked doubtful at the start of the day, then turned out great.!

I put in a request for the kid to thrash out a bit of Slayer...

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all,
How are you doing @MeiChanski ?
I've got a replacement hairdryer coming today and after seeing myself in the mirror, I wonder why I'm bothering. Hair dreadful
On the plus side, Madam BG has started very well and it's sunny.

Reactions: hh1 and kev-w

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting.

Libre ran out yesterday evening. So was the battery in the MM.
Put the MM on charge with a view to changing the Libre. Tested this morn after throwing on some clothes, grabbing a coffee & letting the dog out 7.7.
Decided what the hey, undocked the MM put it in the holder band & fitted. Connected to the phone. Waited.. 7.7.
I managed to squeeze another 9/10 hours out of it & discoverd a dip in the night 3am rising again to 4.8. Then the spike after I got up.. Then got told by Xdrip 10 minutes later the sensor ended.
Seems consistent could do with a shower. Bit sweaty..

Nice day too! About 2 meters left of pathing to fix.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Meh :( waking on a 10mmol due to the big fat kebab I had for tea as the child requested a pizza, a 'mix grill' they call it, just meat and salad chilli and yoghurt and a couple of slices of garlic bread had me using 14u of insulin over 4 jabs through the evening which is 5u more than normal and I still woke high...

I think the kebab was for 2 people :p

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning. Rest day so that means uni work. Struggling to study at home, really missing the university atmosphere and especially the library! Sitting on my bed makes it hard to get into the academic groove. Hey ho. I’ve been writing down recipes for my son to cook, he’s got really into baking bread.

Not much to report on the diabeetus front, time in range in the 92-95% range, Loop working well. New phone arriving today (hopefully) so I’ll need to build the pancreas app onto it, before I can switch to using it as my everyday phone.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting.

Libre ran out yesterday evening. So was the battery in the MM.
Put the MM on charge with a view to changing the Libre. Tested this morn after throwing on some clothes, grabbing a coffee & letting the dog out 7.7.
Decided what the hey, undocked the MM put it in the holder band & fitted. Connected to the phone. Waited.. 7.7.
I managed to squeeze another 9/10 hours out of it & discoverd a dip in the night 3am rising again to 4.8. Then the spike after I got up.. Then got told by Xdrip 10 minutes later the sensor ended.
Seems consistent could do with a shower. Bit sweaty..

Nice day too! About 2 meters left of pathing to fix.

If you need to scratch your paving slabs itch, we have plenty here, waiting for their summer attention.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Meh :( waking on a 10mmol due to the big fat kebab I had for tea as the child requested a pizza, a 'mix grill' they call it, just meat and salad chilli and yoghurt and a couple of slices of garlic bread had me using 14u of insulin over 4 jabs through the evening which is 5u more than normal and I still woke high...

I think the kebab was for 2 people :p
kebab my fav kev and totally agrees with bgs :hungry:

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Soooooo - woke on 5.3, 5.8 and steady by the time I had breakfast, two hours later 18.4!!!! Same breakfast as usual, I think I hit a particularly bad spot of lipohypertrophy (which I thought I'd managed to avoid) so even less choice over where to stab myself. Still after 35 years I guess it's no big surprise. After adjusting and walking and gardening, down to 10.3 and falling, further adjustment for lunch, fingers crossed.

Tesco delivery arriving after lunch, then sort it out for various neighbours and deliver. Everyone's picking up stuff for everyone at the moment, our village WhatsApp group's just brilliant. Hope you all have access to good suppport whatever you need it for.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Beams at my newly taken down, washed, ironed and re-hung curtains. The upstairs three rooms all done. Sitting room two lots to do tomorrow whilst doing the church admin stuff before Friday morning and a Long Weekend.

Eyes the suspicious party-like preparations happening at the Usual Suspects' houses which appears to have involved removing the wire fencing between their back gardens. Are we placing bets on me finding it on top of the rest of the fly-tipping at the back of my house? No, because I know it will be there and I will photograph it when it's early morning, then add it to the ever-growing report to the local council who appear to be concentrating on other lots of more public fly-tipping, which I understand, but this is getting more out of hand than usual.

Current Situation Insulin Ratios seem to have settled at 150% Usual Times basal, 1:5 for all meals with an extra couple of units in the mornings depending on what I wake up on! Roll on being able to get back to usual levels of activities and so say the students' parents/carers!! (They're all doing fine, all things considering, but a few are really, really bored and just need their usual routines.)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone enjoy your day
FB_IMG_1588677925158.jpg

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, it's looking like an easing of some of the lockdown rules next week which is good news :) much longer and I'd need a sat nav to find the town centre :p

I've a few days filling and sanding my ceilings, step ladder work and neck ache and I hope to cycle this afternoon.

Have a good day :)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I hope people don’t rush out too early @kev-w, Germany saw a spike in Covid-19 cases during the first week, despite the continuation of distancing rules.
On a more cheerful note, I see the Finns are developing a vaccine against six viruses, the ones that many researchers hypothesise lie at the root of the auto-immune storm that leads to T1 :) Really hope the hypothesis is proved.
https://apple.news/A6e4PoQowQzq-JmRrxB4ISg

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hope people don’t rush out too early @kev-w, Germany saw a spike in Covid-19 cases during the first week, despite the continuation of distancing rules.
On a more cheerful note, I see the Finns are developing a vaccine against six viruses, the ones that many researchers hypothesise lie at the root of the auto-immune storm that leads to T1 :) Really hope the hypothesis is proved.
https://apple.news/A6e4PoQowQzq-JmRrxB4ISg

The Germans did but it dropped off again, and they're even restarting their football league (they hope), the Italians and Spanish have eased theirs, a few others too, I don't read that there'll be drastic changes to start with but folk who work outdoors look like they can resume 'softly softly catchee monkey' style, or I hope so.

The Finns I believe is the country with the highest number of T1's per capita as far as it goes.

Reactions: Marie 2 and hh1

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
The Germans did but it dropped off again, and they're even restarting their football league (they hope), the Italians and Spanish have eased theirs, a few others too, I don't read that there'll be drastic changes to start with but folk who work outdoors look like they can resume 'softly softly catchee monkey' style, or I hope so.

The Finns I believe is the country with the highest number of T1's per capita as far as it goes.
Anyone know why there are so many of us in Finland?

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

@kev-w I don't think work outdoors where you're on your own was ever stopped; I have a friend who's a gardener and she can work - and has - quite safely without having to go near anyone. I understand that your work is different in that people may not want someone around their home, even if outside. My friend's clients have all wanted her to continue.

Woke on 7.5, just got back from an hou'rs walk on 5.9 and gradually declining, lovely morning walk today so I'm a happy bunny in lovely Somerset. Hope you all have good, safe days.