Diabetes Canada deem low carb and very low card safe

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They're not saying that it isn't safe for longer than 12 months, only that there isn't enough evidence available to make a judgement about it. Hopefully, there will be longer-term studies which can answer that question.
Sorry I wasn’t clear about how I read it.

They say support it and it is safe short term (implying it’s not long term perhaps) and later and separately state there isn’t evidence long term to judge, so belatedly more reasonably qualify their implied limitations.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I do find it somewhere between amusing and astonishing that there is no evidence about low carb.
William Banting published his little book on corpulence in the mid 1800, a hundred years later there was Dr Atkins - the only reason for 'no evidence' has to be that it has not been looked for or carefully rubbished and denied.

Reactions: HSSS

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do find it somewhere between amusing and astonishing that there is no evidence about low carb.
William Banting published his little book on corpulence in the mid 1800, a hundred years later there was Dr Atkins - the only reason for 'no evidence' has to be that it has not been looked for or carefully rubbished and denied.
Indeed. Especially when the “evidence” for low fat is so.........(insert descriptor of choice)

M

Member496333

Three million years of evolution without Corn Flakes is all the evidence I need.