What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.1

Temp 35.3

Another day in paradise.

The sky at 5 am this morning.

IMG_21052020_052103_(1500_x_2000_pixel).jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.9 for me this morning on second attempt, first was a 6.7 which I did not believe, that's a big margin of error on such small numbers. :banghead:

Lovely sky @gennepher I missed our sunrise today I had planned to get out and capture it again but slept longer than normal.

So once again no idea what the day will bring my way.

Enjoy the simple pleasures of life whilst keeping safe.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great that you had back up kefir grains in the freezer.
Not tried it before but it seems to have worked well. Just thawed in a bit of milk, quick rinse and then into a jar with some milk. I am trying for slow 24hr fermentations at the moment.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A very good Ascension day 2020 morning to you all. Interesting how I can happily believe in Ascension day but not LCHF or the Abbott and Costello arm gizmo. This morning's offering from said gizmo was 5.7 for yesterday's OMAD cheese salad and tea (with h/m almond milk) feast. Sats fine on 98%, sleep score in 80s and 2 other key metrics in recovery. Since everything must now be over hyped I'm going to have another world leading (huge) mug of tea. I hope you all have at least 200,000 world leading days by June 1 and shops are full of unicorn eggs. Any missing days or eggs will have been posted so just count them and applaud yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another day of promise in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of pork belly with braised cabbage and sautéed apples came in at 5.1 this am

I have been trying to find out if I can track and trace my keys. I remember Mrs Miggins having a little square thing on her keys that connects to her phone.
Bins. Our garden bins have not been collected since the last century so the news that they are now going to be emptied over the next two weekends is good news. Ours will be collected this Sunday, if we have the strength to drag it into position.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, I am mainlining on koffy.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning after yet another crunchy almond butter free day.

Archie, our old Labrador, has taken on a new role during the lockdown. At night he waits at the bottom of the stairs to shepherd us safely up the stairs and waits at the top of the stairs in the morning to shepherd us carefully down.

Not sure why he is doing this but Mr K thinks he has been listening to the news and has decided that as 'old folk' we need to be kept safe.

Luckily I noticed that predictive text changed 'old folks' to 'old fools'. Although, maybe predictive text got it right this time.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Archie, our old Labrador, has taken on a new role during the lockdown.
How odd, Moet our Labrador follows us around and plonks himself at our feet whenever we move. Yes I know Labs are sociable but this is intense, he even does it when we are watering the garden. Lies at the bottom of the stairs if we go up, he's never been upstairs in his 13 years. Perhaps they know something we do not or perhaps it's just because we are all together longer under lockdown and the pack instinct is more prominent, still interesting though that both our dogs are doing similar things.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Yesterdays electrical problem was tremendously stressful. Although it got sorted, was several hours without power, not knowing how to get it fixed. Didn't cope very well. Once it was working again, most of the day was spent hiding in a book, drinking wine, eating too much and sleeping in the shade. FBG this morning reflects this.
7.05am FBG 6.2 Pottered about for 30 mins. Can help it go down if I do that.
7.35am FBG 5 2 Breakfast. Quick. Before it starts rising again.
Must pull myself together and get on a bit today. Have done the French lessons, that's a good start.
@geefull Katy is so pretty, her fur looks so soft in this portrait.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterdays electrical problem was tremendously stressful. Although it got sorted, was several hours without power, not knowing how to get it fixed. Didn't cope very well. Once it was working again, most of the day was spent hiding in a book, drinking wine, eating too much and sleeping in the shade. FBG this morning reflects this.
7.05am FBG 6.2 Pottered about for 30 mins. Can help it go down if I do that.
7.35am FBG 5 2 Breakfast. Quick. Before it starts rising again.
Must pull myself together and get on a bit today. Have done the French lessons, that's a good start.
@geefull Katy is so pretty, her fur looks so soft in this portrait.
Electrical problem fixed, French lesson completed, bg going down are all winners. The rest is background noise. Take the very best care your Lizziness.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm mildly vexed over missing breakfast for IF (we'll skip the h/m almond milk or even tea for pedants) versus squashing DP. My DP from fasting can be 1 to 1.4 with exercise or no exercise. I am not sure I need extra fat and cals just to dampen that rise. Anyhow, a rise of 1 from a breakfast worth having would be a stretch IMHO. Can I ask how many of you eat breakfast, what kind of thing and what rise/actual level + 2 hrs do you get? TIA

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having one of those morning. Interruptions. Trying to do my soft pastel painting. Banging on the window. Go and answer it. Drone has been found in neighbour's garden.

Okay, like I am bothered he has found his drone, and I had better not see it spying over my garden...

Go back to soft pastel. Try to get into it again. Someone yelling. Ignored them. Banging on windows again...I could feel it. So, go back in and answer door again. Over the road's cat has gone missing again. Would you open up your garage and potting shed. So I did. Their blinking cat was high up, looking at me with no intention on coming down. This blinking cat sneaks in every time I open my garage door.

Go back to soft pastel again. By this time I do not care to finish it. I have lost interest and momentum. So I photographed it, put it in SketchClubApp and finish working on it digitally...

So this sunrise is half hand done in soft pastel, and finished off digitally...

D243436A-B3F4-4FA2-9241-32CA85E56C88.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Having one of those morning. Interruptions. Trying to do my soft pastel painting. Banging on the window. Go and answer it. Drone has been found in neighbour's garden.

Okay, like I am bothered he has found his drone, and I had better not see it spying over my garden...

Go back to soft pastel. Try to get into it again. Someone yelling. Ignored them. Banging on windows again...I could feel it. So, go back in and answer door again. Over the road's cat has gone missing again. Would you open up your garage and potting shed. So I did. Their blinking cat was high up, looking at me with no intention on coming down. This blinking cat sneaks in every time I open my garage door.

Go back to soft pastel again. By this time I do not care to finish it. I have lost interest and momentum. So I photographed it, put it in SketchClubApp and finish working on it digitally...

View attachment 41538
A hybrid triumph IMHO.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm mildly vexed over missing breakfast for IF (we'll skip the h/m almond milk or even tea for pedants) versus squashing DP. My DP from fasting can be 1 to 1.4 with exercise or no exercise. I am not sure I need extra fat and cals just to dampen that rise. Anyhow, a rise of 1 from a breakfast worth having would be a stretch IMHO. Can I ask how many of you eat breakfast, what kind of thing and what rise/actual level + hrs do you get? TIA
I don’t have breakfast and try not to eat until noon, 1100 at a push. So normally, tea, kofee x 2 and later a glass of turmeric tea. Then towards lunch time a glass of water with a fizzy vit C tablet in. However, if my fasting reading is high then I do have a bit of cheese or a few pork scratchings to calm it down.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 41538

So vibrant and a good medium meld

Reactions: ianpspurs