Struggling to lose weight

Kmears97

Hi everyone
I'm having problems with losing weight, currently a type 1 diabetic (for 15 years) and diagnosed with hypothyroidism in January. However since I found out I have an underactive thyroid, and started taking medication for it I found that it is extremely hard to lose weight with it. Can any shead some light on to why that is and if possible give me tips and suggestions on how I can do lose weight? Please be aware I have already spoken to my dietitian and my doctor but they are not very helpful with anything at the moment and basically blew me off for asking because my hba1c was 9.4% which is an improvement they are refusing to help me

Thanks!

MAGGYNHERKY

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone
I'm having problems with losing weight, currently a type 1 diabetic (for 15 years) and diagnosed with hypothyroidism in January. However since I found out I have an underactive thyroid, and started taking medication for it I found that it is extremely hard to lose weight with it. Can any shead some light on to why that is and if possible give me tips and suggestions on how I can do lose weight? Please be aware I have already spoken to my dietitian and my doctor but they are not very helpful with anything at the moment and basically blew me off for asking because my hba1c was 9.4% which is an improvement they are refusing to help me

Thanks!
Having hypothyroidism unfortunately slows your metabolism, so it's always harder to lose weight, but it is possible! I find the only way i can lose weight, albeit very slowly, is to eat low carb. Having an underactive thyroid does predispose us to being overweight generally.