Hi

Kirstyuk

Hi everyone I’m type one from uk. My diabetes usually control. But since lockdown having trouble with my feet. Discoloured toes and painful

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi everyone I’m type one from uk. My diabetes usually control. But since lockdown having trouble with my feet. Discoloured toes and painful

In my opinion you should not be taking chances with your feet.

Please get medical advice as soon as you can.

From the NHS website.
Seek treatment from your GP or podiatrist if blisters or injuries don't heal quickly. You should see your doctor urgently if: you notice breaks in the skin of your foot, or discharge seeping from the wound. the skin over part or all of the foot changes colour and becomes more red, blue, pale or dark.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/foot-care-diabetics/

Reactions: Kirstyuk

Kirstyuk

Sorry I don’t know them. I went to gp today and wasn’t much help just said circulation and after have bloods

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry I don’t know them. I went to gp today and wasn’t much help just said circulation and after have bloods

When are you having bloods done, Kirsty?

Kirstyuk

Not too long then, but keep a close eye on those feet and if you seen any sores, broken skin or black areas, seek further help immediately.

Thanks. Just toes yellow and purple. Hopefully the bloods will know what’s going on

MarkHaZ123

Thanks. Just toes yellow and purple. Hopefully the bloods will know what’s going on
Sound like mine tbh. Iv got bad blood circulation. My feet are always cold and often look purple, same with my hands if I pop outside they go white. Possibly reynaurds but Iv never got round to getting it checked out

DCB 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Carry out out pizza commercials on the TV and people bringing in a fresh box of glazed donuts to work !!! (They are evil)

Kirstyuk

Sound like mine tbh. Iv got bad blood circulation. My feet are always cold and often look purple, same with my hands if I pop outside they go white. Possibly reynaurds but Iv never got round to getting it checked out

Aww really! I’m getting pain in them too. So thought was a bit worrying. My gp useless tho. Hopefully the bloods will know what’s happening

DCB 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Carry out out pizza commercials on the TV and people bringing in a fresh box of glazed donuts to work !!! (They are evil)
I had a few highs. With lockdown my routine has changed. So levels all over

I have been the same stuff with the lock down. Used to swim every day to manage mt blood sugars. A good friend kicked me in my tukas and got me walking. If you like you connect with me off line.

I agree with what others said keep your eyes on your feet !!!!!!!

Dave