What do you do during isolation?

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
After looking at the price of sun loungers I decided to make my own
E261111F-4BFA-48C9-A232-A6BF183B8066.jpeg
9D085116-B65B-42F2-89D5-32F307661885.jpeg
87B11241-744B-4692-9357-5AC3F44717B7.jpeg
E11389C1-A6AC-4547-9BA0-3B038894B03B.jpeg

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is

Vegman1441

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well there's precious little signs of social distancing around here people waling past each other on the pavement across the road from my house with not even a couple of feet between them let alone 2 metres and stopping to chat I watched from my front door as dozens of people went to and fro non of them socially distancing at all makes me a bit nervous of going out for a walk just don't think it's safe around here.
Where I live cafe and all other food places wide open for weeks, no mask nothing just walk in. That’s why Newham has over 1000 cases of virus.

Lizzie2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well there's precious little signs of social distancing around here people waling past each other on the pavement across the road from my house with not even a couple of feet between them let alone 2 metres and stopping to chat I watched from my front door as dozens of people went to and fro non of them socially distancing at all makes me a bit nervous of going out for a walk just don't think it's safe around here.

We live in a small market town and so far people are still really good about it. People of all ages cross the road when they see others coming and keep the distance - around here now that there is more traffic and people are used to the roads being very quiet they are more likely to get hit by a car as they step out onto the road to socially distanced than they are to catch covid.

Saying that we pick our time when it comes to going out and we go to places that we know will be quiet but even then people here are good. I don’t know how those people can protest in such massive numbers - even if it is what they believe in - especially as so many of them are from BAME communities who are so vulnerable when it comes to covid. I know I would be far too scared to go into such large crowd. Be interesting to see the R number in 2-3 weeks time.

Reactions: sianewilson

Clarkeymusic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was recently diagnosed as T2 (Jan this year) and had other issues with liver/kidney and already have high blood pressure & heart disease. So far so good So I’d been off work for several weeks and then Covid popped up and I’m advised to shield. So basically I’ve been home since January. Been keeping myself busy losing 2 & half stones, and with a garden makeover involving making a pergola, table, deck and big planters. Also been making a few things like a headboard made from sleepers and a trellis from roofing battens. We are very very lucky to have the garden I know and it has kept me sane and helps ground me. My wife works and 2 kids have flown the nest and the other 2 are at my ex-wife’s as I’m shielding (they’re older and have jobs) - so it’s just me all day. It gives me strength making things to brighten my wife’s day when she gets home.

It’s my first post so Hi to everyone and hope you are all ok and keeping safe

This:
IMG_9944.jpg

To This:

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

Created a deck on what was dead grass:

IMG_0613.jpg

04A0445C-2FEE-4B2A-AAC4-D62D4F2432A0.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

Trellis with Jasmine climber:

A301FA9D-4D82-46AB-A3F0-9340F20B12DF.jpg

Headboard:

60684029004__44BCCA15-0DA9-4AB3-BA58-2DE8A95BD9A5.jpg
IMG_9916.jpg

Sorry for all the pics - I had to show someone in the outside world lol

Reactions: MrsA2

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was recently diagnosed as T2 (Jan this year) and had other issues with liver/kidney and already have high blood pressure & heart disease. So far so good So I’d been off work for several weeks and then Covid popped up and I’m advised to shield. So basically I’ve been home since January. Been keeping myself busy losing 2 & half stones, and with a garden makeover involving making a pergola, table, deck and big planters. Also been making a few things like a headboard made from sleepers and a trellis from roofing battens. We are very very lucky to have the garden I know and it has kept me sane and helps ground me. My wife works and 2 kids have flown the nest and the other 2 are at my ex-wife’s as I’m shielding (they’re older and have jobs) - so it’s just me all day. It gives me strength making things to brighten my wife’s day when she gets home.

This:
View attachment 42030

To This:

View attachment 42031

View attachment 42033

View attachment 42034

View attachment 42035

View attachment 42036

View attachment 42037

View attachment 42038

Headboard:

View attachment 42039View attachment 42040

Magnificent! Wish I could award that 50 x 'winner' buttons. :D:D:D

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh that’s so kind - Not sure what winner points are but the title gives me a clue. It’s still very much a project on the go so thank you.

They are the buttons shown under a post to show how you feel about it.

'like' 'wink' 'winner' 'funny' and so on.

I have 'winnered' your 1st post and 'liked' your second.

:D

Reactions: Clarkeymusic
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

This:
View attachment 42030

To This:

View attachment 42031

View attachment 42033

View attachment 42034

View attachment 42035

View attachment 42036

View attachment 42037

View attachment 42038

Headboard:

View attachment 42039View attachment 42040

Wow it all looks fantastic, so many creative and talented people about. Amazing and well done :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
DSC_2386 - Edited (1).jpg

Finished a knitted cushion, I had to wait for the filling to arrive to finish it. I was in the back garden enjoying the sunshine. problem was, next door's cat Ziggy, who is very friendly, jumped up on my lap (whilst I was finishing off stitching it up) and caught his claw in some of the stitches :arghh: got him off. but had to do a little patch up.
Next one will in the house, sunshine or not :rolleyes:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have Bees in my garden, front and back and they are fascinating to watch. Ziggy cat, from next door, was on duty as Bee Keeper lol watching them come in and out from their nest at the end of the garden.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mostly been doing a lot of walking (when not working). Today took the Emirates Airline cable car over the Thames. Social distancing means you get a pod to yourself and amazingly hardly anyone else is using it. Fab. And a click and collect Nando’s for lunch, plus a very cute gosling.
977D6652-6247-42D4-9AE2-ADC85C02D0FD.jpeg
5527BDFE-BDDC-4A4E-B7C3-6371FCE68613.jpeg
3F3365DB-DD64-478D-850F-2FE34F167137.jpeg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Clarkeymusic Could you come and live here please? In 11 weeks my hubby has achieved:
Painting 7 fence panels
Putting a catch on the garage door
....and that's it!

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only