Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Most people assume these probes aren't all that large. Solar arrays deployed it was 70 foot wide edge to edge (longer than a cricket pitch) and near enough to 8000 pounds in weight at launch.

SalRead1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Following Joe Wicks” workout class (allegedly for kids but lots of adults doing it too) every day. I thought I was relatively fit, doing yoga and Zumba every week, but it seems I’m not! While the weather was great I did masses of gardening, then broke all the mowing equipment so that put an end to that until a super-kind neighbour volunteered to help mend things. He needs a sainthood. Have dug over every square centimeter of the vegetable patches, removed copious amounts of bindweed and then moved on to the flower beds and removed everything I didn’t like. Working on the principle that since I’m not going to be able to plant anything this year, I might as well get it semi-prepared for next year. Reading masses, catching up on TV recordings, made a face mask for whenever it is we’ll be allowed out socially. Oh, and spending a lot of time on the phone to friends and relatives.

D

Deleted member 308541

Looking for cartoons that mirror some of my feelings regarding CV 19, Leunig one of the driest 'toonists in Australia he has got has my vote this morning.

corona-graph.jpg

Edit: Clarity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Goonergal

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I'm still trying to learn to play the ukulele making some progress fingers don' hurt quite so much now.
Am also grappling with the complexities of my new graphic tablet plus amazingly involved graphics software.
Judith is still working from home but teaching herself to paint and draw as well.
Keiran has set up a gym in his bedroom so as to continue his weight training his body building is progressing well has Jon Jon Park ( son of Reg Park and a former body builder and Olympic swimmer himself) following him on Instagram so he must be doing something right.

Tannith

BANNED
Sadly I'm one of the ones who isn't going out apart from the one day per month that I have to walk the two mile round trip for my prescriptions. I've avoided all people and all shops for five weeks, and my only fresh air is in my back garden for perhaps ah hour's weeding or grass cutting some days. I have putv on weight of course too!
If you are in uk you can get prescriptions posted to you by a number of online pharmacies. The one I use is called "My pharmacy", and so far has sent me everything very promptly.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
If you are in uk you can get prescriptions posted to you by a number of online pharmacies. The one I use is called "My pharmacy", and so far has sent me everything very promptly.
Yes I have thought about doing this too. I was worried in case anything went wrong with it though.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
71DF98B7-2451-4508-BD73-A33730DE6DF6.jpeg
Made one of these
BCBCDDDD-DA81-4699-8F8E-5D917FEAEEF8.jpeg

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

FAB!!!

for a few Lockdown weeks I was going full throttle (which is actually more like a scooter with carburettor problems) in the garden.
Then my knee decided to play up and things slowed down out there. Thankfully all the big spring jobs had been done (again, not v big on a scale of gardens, since ours is pocket sized).

I am now left with an impressive list of not-quite finished jobs both inside and outside ;) , and several plants that will enjoy being outside again now the threat of frost is over for the foreseeable.

Have also watched the entire Xmen film series from the first to last, in order - and what an utterly depressing and soul destroying story arc that turned out to be! I had watched most of them individually before, but seeing them roll past one after the other, with their unremitting themes of greed, discrimination, military and political corruption and self interest... it quite put me off my suppers. Doubt if I will ever watch any of them again.

Am well into The Murdoch Mysteries now, and v grateful for the recommendation. Entrancing, entertaining, witty, well observed, beautifully acted, and I want to take young George Crabtree home. Every episode is a delight.

Two weeks after my Xmen trauma I may now have recovered enough to watch the full Star Wars series, slotting the last few Mandalorians in, in order. The biggest challenge will be getting past Jar-Jar-Binks, but I am going to try and rise to the challenge.

Reactions: Chook

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Am well into The Murdoch Mysteries now, and v grateful for the recommendation. Entrancing, entertaining, witty, well observed, beautifully acted, and I want to take young George Crabtree home. Every episode is a delight.

I told you, you'd love it!

Crabtree is my fave character, but I'm sure a lot of people who watch it would agree. He is hilarious.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
FAB!!!

for a few Lockdown weeks I was going full throttle (which is actually more like a scooter with carburettor problems) in the garden.
Then my knee decided to play up and things slowed down out there. Thankfully all the big spring jobs had been done (again, not v big on a scale of gardens, since ours is pocket sized).

I am now left with an impressive list of not-quite finished jobs both inside and outside ;) , and several plants that will enjoy being outside again now the threat of frost is over for the foreseeable.

Have also watched the entire Xmen film series from the first to last, in order - and what an utterly depressing and soul destroying story arc that turned out to be! I had watched most of them individually before, but seeing them roll past one after the other, with their unremitting themes of greed, discrimination, military and political corruption and self interest... it quite put me off my suppers. Doubt if I will ever watch any of them again.

Two weeks after my Xmen trauma I may now have recovered enough to watch the full Star Wars series, slotting the last few Mandalorians in, in order. The biggest challenge will be getting past Jar-Jar-Binks, but I am going to try and rise to the challenge.
I am a total Star Wars fan and totally loved The mandalorian , I tend to binge watch a lot , but to be honest I haven’t done it during lock down . I binge watched Game of Thrones in a very short space of time , and did the same with Outlander ( the Scottish one ) my missus loved that one too. Another good one is Designated Survivor ,.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It has been a thrilling couple of weeks here at Chez B

Not only have I watched the Manadalorian (and loved it), I have also watched the whole Star Wars series of films, in order. Last one due tonight. Its the only film in the series I haven't yet seen, so it is also the biggest excitement since... um... er... well, in a while.

Things were going well in the garden until the weather turned last week. Cold, blustery torrential downpour. But at least I am not out twice a day watering my new plantings.

The Slug Battle has resumed. Little *******.

Taking Dog No 1 to animal chiropractor at lunchtime. Also exciting. He had an appt 2 weeks ago, and this is a followup. He usually gets a treatment every 6 weeks or so, because he is hyper mobile, and gets back, hip and shoulder issues, and then stands a bit wonky. There are due to inherent joint problems, and the enthusiastic bouncing of Dogs Nos 2 &3, who don't listen when asked to be gentle.

One rough and tumble last week had him screaming - which shocked everyone. And to do 2 & 3 credit, they backed off IMMEDIATELY (he had got steamrollered in one of their rugby tackle rumbles) and apologised hesitantly. But the damage had already been done. He was shaking in pain for about 20 mins. So back to the chiro. I think it is his shoulder this time. Poor lad.

I am also having a chiro appt. Same chiro, but wearing her Human Chiro hat, rather than her Animal Chiro hat. Can't imagine how many years she had to study to qualify in both - but well worth it - she is excellent! Going to be very interesting to see what happens about social distancing and PPE during both appts. Not that No 1 will need PPE, but you know what I mean...

Am beginning to think that our household is the only one in the area still social distancing. Neighbours have had a hairdresser in on one side, and on the other, friends and grandchild visit regularly. Meanwhile MIL is stropping because we won't take her out in the car to garden centres and the supermarket. Apparently other family members are doing both those things, and popping in for cups of tea - and are adamant that house visits are 'allowed now'. The fact we refuse to do this makes us wrong, and the fact that Mr B's job has high public exposure and therefore higher risk of passing the virus on, makes him a coward. Or something. I stopped listening that that point.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well there's precious little signs of social distancing around here people waling past each other on the pavement across the road from my house with not even a couple of feet between them let alone 2 metres and stopping to chat I watched from my front door as dozens of people went to and fro non of them socially distancing at all makes me a bit nervous of going out for a walk just don't think it's safe around here.