Help please! Advice needed

Expat24

Hi, hope everyone is keeping safe.

I recently failed my 1 hour screening for gestational diabetes, and it's fair to say I got little upset. My husband uses a glucose meter, so I've been proactively measuring myself to try put my mind at rest (if I have it or not, I want to do the right thing).

My problem is my fasting level is too high, but all my other scores seem to be ok. So I'm confused and it's been causing mood problems as I can't stop thinking about it. I'm measuring in the morning, 1 hour after breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm only on day 3 but my fasting number was high and freaked me out a bit!

Can someone with a bit more experience please give me some advice?

Day 1:
Fasting -109.
After breakfast - 119
After lunch - 108
After dinner - 103

Day 2:
Fasting - 99
After breakfast - 105
After lunch - 104
After dinner - 95

Day 3:
Fasting- 105

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
It's possible you have a touch of DP or dawn phenomenon. Those are not high numbers , barely over what "normal people average. Your other numbers look good to me!

But DP is a release of hormones before you awaken for the day. This usually occurs about 5 in the morning. It just happens to some people and if you are normal your numbers should return to normal pretty quick . You can test that by waking up at say 4:30 am and doing a blood test to see if your numbers are "normal".

Expat24

It's possible you have a touch of DP or dawn phenomenon. Those are not high numbers , barely over what "normal people average. Your other numbers look good to me!

But DP is a release of hormones before you awaken for the day. This usually occurs about 5 in the morning. It just happens to some people and if you are normal your numbers should return to normal pretty quick . You can test that by waking up at say 4:30 am and doing a blood test to see if your numbers are "normal".
Thank you for your quick reply!!

Reactions: Marie 2

Mareebah99

Hi, hope everyone is keeping safe.

I recently failed my 1 hour screening for gestational diabetes, and it's fair to say I got little upset. My husband uses a glucose meter, so I've been proactively measuring myself to try put my mind at rest (if I have it or not, I want to do the right thing).

My problem is my fasting level is too high, but all my other scores seem to be ok. So I'm confused and it's been causing mood problems as I can't stop thinking about it. I'm measuring in the morning, 1 hour after breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm only on day 3 but my fasting number was high and freaked me out a bit!

Can someone with a bit more experience please give me some advice?

Day 1:
Fasting -109.
After breakfast - 119
After lunch - 108
After dinner - 103

Day 2:
Fasting - 99
After breakfast - 105
After lunch - 104
After dinner - 95

Day 3:
Fasting- 105

Your numbers are like mine!!! Well I have a controlled diet of course but my fasting level is always over 100. I don’t understand why the dr’s get so concerned bc our bodies are different especially in the early hours w hormones. And even alittle over 100 isn’t bad. I can understand if it’s over like 125.

Don’t worry bc stress will make yoour levels worse.