Pregnancy and bad feet swelling

negi90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am currently 31 weeks pregnant and it seems further along with my pregnancy my feet have retained so much water and are getting worse as they are always swollen and now causing my foot to bruise and create deep lines where my ankles are and foot bends (photo attached). I am keeping it up and making sure it is moisturised as much as I can but it is a worry that even after pregnancy the damage will not really go away. Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions? :)
JPEG_20200622_221301_7041111285224363814.jpg

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am currently 31 weeks pregnant and it seems further along with my pregnancy my feet have retained so much water and are getting worse as they are always swollen and now causing my foot to bruise and create deep lines where my ankles are and foot bends (photo attached). I am keeping it up and making sure it is moisturised as much as I can but it is a worry that even after pregnancy the damage will not really go away. Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions? :) View attachment 42260
Hi I hope you are getting regular checks of your urine and BP? If not please go because this is a sign of pre eclampsia. I wrote my swelling up as just a normal pregnancy thing and landed up in hospital at 34 weeks with pre eclampsia. The condition is more common in first pregnancies or subsequent pregnancies with a different dad and diabetics so do get it checked out pronto.
My pregnancy had a very happy end who is 17 years old now!

Reactions: negi90

Pilzy-89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had this, to the point I couldn't go into work because my feet/leg would swell so bad I couldn't bend my foot to brake, even getting up and down stairs was hard. It took a while for them to diagnose, but I had pre eclampsia. Looking back on photos, I had puffy face too but hadn't really noticed it. Take care xx

Reactions: negi90

negi90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank you guys for the advice. I went to antenal clinic today and apparently my risk for preclampsia is as low as 3% but they will continue to monitor my bp anyway. Not long to go so guess I will have to bear with it and will be worth it in the end!

Reactions: Antje77