Falling

Loukay1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm 37 years old, I've had type 2 diabetes for about 4 years, over the last few weeks I've had 4 falls, I've not been dizzy, I've just been walking, not tripped etc and have just fell forward and hit the ground, I've not had any bad injuries thankfully but I have hurt myself and dont know why its happening?
With lock down and everything I dont want to go to the gp can anyone give any advice?
Tia

Loukay1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I suffer badly with anxiety and find phoning extremely difficult, of course I will as soon as I'm able but just wondered if anyone could throw some light on it to prevent me worrying more and causing more anxiety?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I suffer badly with anxiety and find phoning extremely difficult, of course I will as soon as I'm able but just wondered if anyone could throw some light on it to prevent me worrying more and causing more anxiety?
I don't think anyone is going to reassure you that suddenly falling over is nothing to worry about. The only way you are going to find out what is wrong is to consult a doctor. Surely the anxiety of not knowing is worse than using a phone.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm 37 years old, I've had type 2 diabetes for about 4 years, over the last few weeks I've had 4 falls, I've not been dizzy, I've just been walking, not tripped etc and have just fell forward and hit the ground, I've not had any bad injuries thankfully but I have hurt myself and dont know why its happening?
With lock down and everything I dont want to go to the gp can anyone give any advice?
Tia

Loukay - GPs are open for business. There are other medical issues around that need attention.

If you are falling, without a fathomable reason, you should be taking medical advice. It could be nothing, but it could be something needing attention.

As I understand it, most GPs are trying to at least triage patients, by telephone, to make an assessment if the patient needs to be seen face to face, or if advice over the phone is enough.

If you need to be seen, an appointment is made.

Please do call your doctor in the morning.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My surgery has just started using ‘askmygp’ - once you’ve registered all you need to do is write down your symptoms and one of the GPs ring you. Depending on what they think they will either ask you to come in or arrange blood tests etc. We did this yesterday for my OH and he has an ECG tomorrow, blood test Monday and she is referring him back to his cardiologist.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tia
You need to ring your GP and find out what is going on.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tia
Get in touch with your GP. I have anxiety too and I won't use a phone unless I absolutely have to. (I have to get an ultrasound of my thyroid so I couldn't get out of it today, and I'm still shaken about calling for an appointment 9 hours after making the call! I know it's hard!) Thankfully my GP knows I have issues and it's okay if I e-mail. Might be an option for you too. But yeah.... Unexplained toppling over needs to be addressed.